We stayed two nights. We changed rooms after the first night because the close proximity to the interstate caused a less than peaceful sleep night for me, a normally sound sleeper. In fairness, my spouse heard no noise. And, if the a/c or heat had been on all night, it certainly would have deadened the noise.
The second night we stayed in room 205. It was an exceedingly windy evening and night. In the couple of hours before we went to bed, we kept hearing some sort of creaking or cracking sound (a perfect sound for a creepy Halloween evening!). I could only think to compare the sound to a slightly loose piece of plastic siding. However, the building materials outside around the window did not appear to be any siding. We opened/closed the sliding window, and the sound seemed to abate some. The sound did not keep me from going to sleep or from sleeping all night. I did report the odd sound to the front desk person in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites hotel in Merrillville IN near Deep River Waterpark The smoke-free Comfort Suites(R) hotel is close to the Deep River Waterpark and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. We are near many other points of interest, including: Indiana University Northwest Genesis Convention Center Blue Chip Casino Four Winds Casino We are walking distance from the Westfield Southlake mall, movie theatres and several restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Comfort Suites Merrillville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Merrillville Hotel Merrillville
- Merrillville Comfort Suites