Candlewood Suites Merrillville
$89
$81
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn Merrillville(Merrillville)(Great Value!)
$74
$67
QualityInn
$103
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsroom was cleanhome away from homedishwashermallhallway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We believed we were getting the room pictured on the site that separated sleeping area and family/kitchen area. When we showed up we asked the attendent after we got to our room and he said it is a suite since it has a kitchen. Beware if traveling with little ones call and clear up which room you want.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Greg8522,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while we were in town for deep river water park, this hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly !!! The hotel was very conveniently located very close to all the area restaurants which was a big plus traveling with small children. : )

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jocelynn M
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here for a two week period, and found out that we had bed bugs. When we confronted the front desk they did nothing about and two weeks later it had only gotten worse. There were bed bugs everywhere and the managers did nothing about it! DISGUSTING.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Cara W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Cara W,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The manager WILL authorize your card the day before and not tell you EVEN WHEN YOU TELL THEM YOU ARE PAYING FOR CASH! The manager is super rude and talked about my financial situation. I've never had this happen to me and I always pay cash for my hotel rooms. The hotel is decent but I don't like any funny business with my credit card. The front desk worker told me her manager authorized my card. I told her I wanted to speak to him and he said he was off today. My question is, where is her manager at trying to make authorizations? The anager called me back and said he didnt do it and he doesnt have access to my credit card. That makes me nervous that someone outside the hotel may have my credit card number and making authorizations. My suggestion is to register a prepaid card and not an account you use often. Shadddddddyyyyy!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Nothappy0712
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Merrillville, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Dear Nothappy0712,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Candlewood Suites Merrillville. I am very sorry for the unacceptable service you received during your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed here while with our newborn son and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect hotel. Our room was clean and anytime we need extra items such as dishwasher detergent the staff gladly provided it. We also used the exercise room and laundry room both were spotless. The hotel is close to everything you could need such as grocery stores and restaurants. We also brought our dog and the hotel provided pick up bags!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family