“Rustic retreat in a real barn. Had a great time.”

Round Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McCordsville
Round Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 McCordsville B&B and Inns
E1
“Rustic retreat in a real barn. Had a great time.”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our four-day stay at the Round Barn Inn. We also enjoyed Dean's marvelous antique collections that decorate the house. He was most gracious in sharing history anf stories about individual items. Dean's 90+ year old mother fixed a huge farm breakfast for us each morning. We gained weight, but it was okay as we worked it back off again. It is definitely a rustic retreat that we will probably visit again when our travels take us back to Indiana again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Indiana
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Well I do agree with the first post. I did like the bed tho, kinda hard but ok. The breakfast was for a skinny mini that doesnt eat and was cold. I understand the thing said great grandmas cooking, but it was cold. The fruit was ok, but the eggs I didnt eat. Yes we did stop 2 hours later to eat. I understand the cold air return/registers in the floor but we didnt find them until morning, I was wondered did everyone around us hear what we did last night.? The tub was cute but no way 2 people could have gotten in it, and with carpet all around I was afraid I would get it wet. My husband didnt really care for it at all. But that was the last B&B we could find at last minute. Im glad there was air in our room, to bad there was none where we could have played more then one game of pool, it was so hot. Well lesson learned read the review and dont expect to much! Would I go back? If I had a cheaper room and they agreed to feed us better.

• Liked — Cant say the food. did like the look of the place
  • Disliked — The food. Map on website sucked
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank WonderfulStay
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed March 20, 2008

My wife and I wanted a nice B&B for our anniversary. We booked a room at the Round Barn Inn. I will try to not be overly-critical, but I have a few suggestions:

- Don't try to find it in the dark! As we drove past it for the fourth time, we finally spotted the small sign. No lighting makes it very hard to spot the building.

- Website embellishes. Yes, a romantic weekend complete with what the website claimed was a 'bath for 2.' In reality, it was no larger than a normal tub.

- Antiques all around. We though it would be charming to stay in a place with so many antiques. We did not expect that the beds would also be antique. Hard as a rock.

- Do you like privacy? When we awoke, we remembered seeing randomly placed rugs on the floor of our room. I pulled back the corner on one of the rugs to reveal a grating that led to the dining room below. I could see straight down on the table with people around it, and could hear every word very clearly. Creepy, isn't it?

- Eat at IHOP. Taken aback by what we have already discovered about this place, we head downstairs to our country breakfast. Yep, 1 egg (drenched in butter) 3 slices of fruit, 2 sausage links, and a shot glass of OJ. Yes, we did eat at IHOP afterwards.

- Refund procedure. After the first night, we decided we wanted to leave the 'comfort' of this place, and go to a real hotel. We brought these shortcomings to the owners attention and told him we were not going to stay there another night. He said that was fine, but he was still going to charge us. His exact wording, 'we're not set up that way.'

I try to keep an open mind about any place I go. I would have been satisfied if the owner had at least made an attempt to rectify the situation. Even when confronted with the fact that their website blatantly lies about the accommodations he shrugged his shoulders and told me his wife had put that on there 10 years ago. I suppose as the owner he can't possibly be held responsible for such frivolous things like what his website says.

We found the Round Barn Inn extremely disappointing. The rugs over the holes in the floor and lots of old clothing in the closet also make it somewhat creepy.

If you choose to ignore my advise and go anyways, I hope you have a better stay than we did.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Holes in the floor in our room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank packwolves

Been to Round Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!