“Awesome Place”

Round Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McCordsville
Round Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 McCordsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2013

When we first got to this bed and breakfast it seems almost too quite. We were also coming home from nyc on our honeymoon so this bed and breakfast was exactly what we needed. A peaceful night in Indiana. The suite we got was very nice and affordable. The owner was also very nice. He never once bothered us and he made us breakfast before we left the next morning. The only minor downside was the address I found online wasn't complete so it took us a bit to find the place. The full address is 6794 N CR 600 W.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael E

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Before our stay in a bland motel in Greenfield, IN, we treated ourselves to one night at the Round Barn Inn. This spot is unique; a treat for antiquers or photographers. We loved touring the spacious lawn at dusk. The room was large, comfortable, with creaky floors. Bath room large, basic - we wouldn't go near that raised tub - but OK. Breakfast was too heavy, not health conscious, adequate. There was so much to explore, including an antique shop next door, that we would've liked to stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Round Barn Inn is a very special find! My cousin, who lives in Indianapolis, recommended it to us, and we were delighted with it! Staying in the round barn was a very unique experience! Our room on the second floor was unbelievably spacious, and the bed wonderfully comfortable. The first floor is full of antiques -- you could spend hours enjoying looking at them. We really liked the owner -- he was very helpful, and interesting to talk to. And the breakfast his 90-year-old mother made was scrumptious!
My husband has commented several times since our stay on how much he enjoyed it. We would definitely stay there again, and would recommend it highly to anyone else going to the Indianapolis area!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KathySW099
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our four-day stay at the Round Barn Inn. We also enjoyed Dean's marvelous antique collections that decorate the house. He was most gracious in sharing history anf stories about individual items. Dean's 90+ year old mother fixed a huge farm breakfast for us each morning. We gained weight, but it was okay as we worked it back off again. It is definitely a rustic retreat that we will probably visit again when our travels take us back to Indiana again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Well I do agree with the first post. I did like the bed tho, kinda hard but ok. The breakfast was for a skinny mini that doesnt eat and was cold. I understand the thing said great grandmas cooking, but it was cold. The fruit was ok, but the eggs I didnt eat. Yes we did stop 2 hours later to eat. I understand the cold air return/registers in the floor but we didnt find them until morning, I was wondered did everyone around us hear what we did last night.? The tub was cute but no way 2 people could have gotten in it, and with carpet all around I was afraid I would get it wet. My husband didnt really care for it at all. But that was the last B&B we could find at last minute. Im glad there was air in our room, to bad there was none where we could have played more then one game of pool, it was so hot. Well lesson learned read the review and dont expect to much! Would I go back? If I had a cheaper room and they agreed to feed us better.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank WonderfulStay
Reviewed March 20, 2008

My wife and I wanted a nice B&B for our anniversary. We booked a room at the Round Barn Inn. I will try to not be overly-critical, but I have a few suggestions:

- Don't try to find it in the dark! As we drove past it for the fourth time, we finally spotted the small sign. No lighting makes it very hard to spot the building.

- Website embellishes. Yes, a romantic weekend complete with what the website claimed was a 'bath for 2.' In reality, it was no larger than a normal tub.

- Antiques all around. We though it would be charming to stay in a place with so many antiques. We did not expect that the beds would also be antique. Hard as a rock.

- Do you like privacy? When we awoke, we remembered seeing randomly placed rugs on the floor of our room. I pulled back the corner on one of the rugs to reveal a grating that led to the dining room below. I could see straight down on the table with people around it, and could hear every word very clearly. Creepy, isn't it?

- Eat at IHOP. Taken aback by what we have already discovered about this place, we head downstairs to our country breakfast. Yep, 1 egg (drenched in butter) 3 slices of fruit, 2 sausage links, and a shot glass of OJ. Yes, we did eat at IHOP afterwards.

- Refund procedure. After the first night, we decided we wanted to leave the 'comfort' of this place, and go to a real hotel. We brought these shortcomings to the owners attention and told him we were not going to stay there another night. He said that was fine, but he was still going to charge us. His exact wording, 'we're not set up that way.'

I try to keep an open mind about any place I go. I would have been satisfied if the owner had at least made an attempt to rectify the situation. Even when confronted with the fact that their website blatantly lies about the accommodations he shrugged his shoulders and told me his wife had put that on there 10 years ago. I suppose as the owner he can't possibly be held responsible for such frivolous things like what his website says.

We found the Round Barn Inn extremely disappointing. The rugs over the holes in the floor and lots of old clothing in the closet also make it somewhat creepy.

If you choose to ignore my advise and go anyways, I hope you have a better stay than we did.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank packwolves

Been to Round Barn Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!