“Food is ok, service is horrible and the owner is very rude.”
Review of Forkey's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Forkey's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Martinsville, Indiana
“Food is ok, service is horrible and the owner is very rude.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Their food is ok, it upsets my family's stomach every time we eat there. The waitresses spend more time gossiping than caring for their customers. I called and ask what time they close and was told 1:30. We got ready and drove down there and arrived at 1:00. The owner yelled at us that they are closed. My husband called and the owner told him not to worry about it and hung up on him. No apology or anything. I am diabetic so it is a big deal to plan my meals. I will spend my money somewhere else, you rude woman. From your repeat customer for years!!!

• Visited February 2014

Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Don't bother”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

In the past, you could count on this restaurant for a decent breakfast. It has gone downhill. We waited 40 minutes to get our lunch, and when we did get it, much of it went untouched after a couple of bites. Alleged fruit was all from a can on the so-called lite plate, hotdog came on a hamburger bun, and the meatloaf was in edible for someone who was very hungry. Waitress did not come by after food was delivered to see how things were, perhaps she knew better.

We needed highchairs, and fortunately a patron showed us where they were as the employees did not seem to be willing to help us, despite us arriving with babies in our arms.

C'mon forkeys, I thought you could do better than this.

• Visited April 2012
Monrovia, Indiana
“Not home cooking as advertised”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The service is okay. The waitresses spend a lot of time talking and gossiping with the "regular" customers. There was a couple sitting several tables away that were speaking very loudly. I wouldn't normally care if they were not saying extremely vulgar things. I didn't really want my 5 year old daughter to hear about the couples sexual exploits. The waitress did not say anything to them and actually joined in on the conversation. The food is also okay, depending on what you get. The beef manhattan is NOT homemade, unless you consider homemade to come from Sysco Food Supply. They use instant mashed potatoes, which again I do not consider homemade food. Maybe I am far to picky. Yet, when I go to a restaurant that advertises homemade food I expect someone to be peeling potatoes to make mashed potatoes, hash browns, etc. The meat on the beef manhattan was like rubber. It resembles in appearance and taste the Encore or Banquet frozen meals. On the upside they do have a very good breakfast bar, minus the powdered eggs. There is a large selection of dishes. They do have a good BLT. I recommend the breakfast dishes and NOTHING else. The breakfast prices are reasonable. The lunch prices are outrageous for what you get. One more plus is that the restaurant does appear to be clean. I haven't seen the kitchen so I can't know for sure. Oh, and they have very strange hours of operation.

• Visited May 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
“If you are not a regular, do not expect to get good service!!!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The food was ok but I noticed that our waitress cared more about the people she knew and took care of them first. I have ate there several times over the years but each time it is the same story. We ordered before several people and they got thier food first (20 minutes before us) we sat there with empty cups for 20 minutes before I even got her to come and give us more. She was to busy sitting with other guests to notice us. The food was cold. The prices are decent if you can get the waitress' to do thier jobs, it would be a great place. Cold foodeven colder service!

• Visited May 2011
Indianapolis
“Great food, great service, clean restrooms”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were just passing through Martinsville and stopped at Forkey's to eat lunch. there were many selections on the menu. The food was very good, the service prompt and restrooms immaculate.

• Visited July 2011