“Best steaks around”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

No vegetables other than a baked potato, so the only green you'll see is in your salad and $$$.

A good basic salad, bread and French Onion soup are served with entres. No other soup choices. Can only get cottage cheese as a sub.

1  Thank aloha498

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Martinsville isn't a typical stop for us but we have had a steak dinner at Bynums because it was recommended as a sister restaurant to Little Zagreb. The decor needs revamping, it's dark and dreary. The service was acceptable, but the food was worth our dime. The steak was quality aged beef and it was cooked to order. Lately, that's enough to get a positive vote from me.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is the best steakhouse in central Indiana based on price and quality. It is not a five star restaurant but it is a great steak at a real world price. Get the ribeye inflation special.

2  Thank Alan T
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The waitress was very friendly and helpful when making our selections. Most of us, myself included, ordered the 10oz. Sirloin with potatoes & salads. All of our steaks (group of 5) were cooked perfectly and exactly as we had ordered with a great flavor. Really, one of the best steaks I've eaten. The potato was good as well. I don't care for French onion soup so I cannot comment on that, but I can say that the rest of my party enjoyed their's. The "salad" was just lettuce with very few shredded carrots. It left much to be desired. Tomatoes would be a lovely addition to the salad. The bread was average. The meal was a little pricey and I would rather just go to Texas Roadhouse where the "sides" are much better. Now as far as the actual building, it is located in an odd place. Do not expect a fancy establishment! The seating is strange and the way they cram people into the small rooms makes it nearly impossible to have even a semi-private conversation. The bathroom was the smallest one I think I've ever been in and was not the cleanest. As far as dining here again I honestly don't believe that I would. I will try the one in Indianapolis but the Martinsville location is not worth the drive for me.

2  Thank HermitCrabby
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Our party of 3 dined here on a Saturday night. We were immediately seated and greeted by a waitress. Cocktails were ordered and promptly served. The low price on their cocktails is a real plus., and no corners are cut on volume and strength.

All 3 of us enjoyed our food. My steak is one of the absolute bests I have ever had, and I have eaten a lot of steaks all over. The remainder of the pary raved about heir chicken breasts.

Food and service warrant a 5 star rating. Ambience is nothing special at all, but it is what it is.