“Wished It Was Better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Whiskey River BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Whiskey River BBQ
Ranked #20 of 42 Restaurants in Martinsville
Cuisines: Barbecue, American
Martinsville, Indiana, United States
“Wished It Was Better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I like BBQ so we had been wanting to try this place for some time. The first time I went the bbq was okay, just okay. I also ordered one piece of the walleye because I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted. Luckily my whole meal wasn't the walleye because it was over-cooked and like mush.
We decided to give the place another try a few months later and I ordered the BBQ again, and again it was just okay.
We should have known that the food was lack-luster as each time we went the dining room was empty and most of the patrons were heading for the bar.
The wait for our food seemed very long as well.
If you like BBQ, head for Mooresville and go to Squealers instead.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Alan G

Waterloo, Wisconsin
“Had high hopes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Our table of 5 ordered the family style plate. It was suppose to be 4 meats,beef brisket ,pulled pork, bbq ribs and walleye. They were out of ribs but gave us more of the pork and brisket. The pulled pork was chopped very fine and did not look smoked or like pulled pork . The brisket was very tough. The service was slow although our waitress was very friendly.

• Visited March 2012