“Do Not Stay at any Best Western!”

Best Western Martinsville Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Martinsville
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Martinsville IN Best Western charged me for 2 rooms - $152.30 no show. I called the 800 number a month in advance to cancel my reservation, and they said it was already cancelled. Then I get the visa charge and find out the reservation was never cancelled, because the 1800 operator was referring to a different reservation I had made which I cancelled myself online in July. Martinsville manager told me to handle this with the 800 number and next time call the hotel desk where I am staying instead. The Customer Care offered me a $25.00 gift card which I returned. I was honest with them. I did call to cancel. This is how the WORLD'S LARGEST HOTEL CHAIN does business!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rich s
There are newer reviews for Best Western Martinsville Inn

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My expectations were not high, but I must say that this place was definitely better than I had expected it to be. But that's certainly still not a glowing review.

I don't expect to find posh hotels in Martinsville, and this place was no posh hotel. It was sufficient. The room was clean and comfortable, even though the whole place was a bit tired looking. The beds were a bit springy, but they were sufficient. I wouldn't want to sleep on them for a long stay, though.

One thing should be noted for elderly or disabled guests: there is no elevator and no help available to bring your luggage up the stairs to a second floor room. If this is an issue for you, then you should be sure to book a room on the first floor.

Breakfast was free but not worth the effort even at that reasonable price (although the coffee in the breakfast area is far superior to the in-room coffee and if you need coffee it is worth the trip to the lobby). There is a decent place for breakfast nearby. We very much enjoyed breakfast at Indy's Family Restaurant, 2210 Burton Lane, on Indiana SR 37, 1 light south of the Best Western. My wife and I split one of their huge omelettes with a side or two and the one entree was plenty for the two of us.

On the whole, this hotel was not bad, though. It was not great by any means, but it was sufficiently OK. I would stay here again if I needed a place in Martinsville. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there, though.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SailorJon11
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed here twice, once for IU Freshmen Orientation and again the night before move-in. The first time we had a room on the 2nd floor which was comfortable and clean. You do have to cart your luggage up an indoor staircase, but other than that we were happy with the accomodations and relieved since we would be coming back in a couple of months. Our second stay did not go as well. We were booked for 2 days in a first floor room that smelled when we opened the door. We were told the hotel was full, so no other rooms were available. The staff did not offer to spray or otherwise deal with the smell. It took hours with an open window and fan running to lessen the odor. Early the next morning my husband approached the front desk again about switching rooms, since people were checking out. We were told again that no switch was possible. The front desk clerk stated that their "regular" customers request particular rooms in advance(gee wonder why). Looks like we won't be coming back, ever.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank trvlr7075
Reviewed November 15, 2010

was unable to get an available room in bloomington, except the nightmare we had stayed at before, so decided on here. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Check in and out was simple. Staff was efficient. Didn't take advantage of the continenttal breakfast, but it smelled and looked good. Only problem was the toilet got clogged (with hardly anything in it) and overflowed....we will def. stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Stayed here because Bloomington was too expensive on a game weekend. Our room was spacious and had a fridge and microwave. The property was showing some age but if you are just looking for a place to sleep this would work.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Was very happy with the room. Very large room and bed was comfortable. Would remend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay. We were very pleased with the hotel but not Pizza Hut, we waited 30 minutes for our meal and never received it until 45 minutes!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Hotel is conveniently located between Indy and Bloomington. Rooms are larger than expected and they were clean. Decent overall experience. My only complaint is that owner is too cheap to run the AC before guest arrives to room. When I walked into the room if felt Like I was stepped into an oven. It took about a couple of hours for that window unit to cool the place. This is something that it could've done earlier in the day before the guest comes in, specially if reservation is made a week in advance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Martinsville
#9 of 24 in Bloomington
Cascades Inn
Cascades Inn
#16 of 24 in Bloomington

Been to Best Western Martinsville Inn? Share your experiences!