“Lovely Stay at Turkey Run Inn”
Review of Turkey Run Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marshall
Turkey Run Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Marshall B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our recent stay at Turkey Run Inn. We had a single queen bedroom that overlooked the pool on the back side of the hotel. The room was clean, sunny and spacious. It appears that the bathroom had been recently renovated, it was very contemporary and spacious and most important immaculate. The bathtub was a great size. The TV worked fine, not a lot of channels. Wireless worked - not super fast. There is a nice big lounge in the hotel with a microwave, coffee and eating/sofa area. The indoor pool is a nice size for a hotel and the water wasn't too cold. All of the hotel staff were helpful and friendly. The park itself is very beautiful and we enjoyed our early morning hike in the canyon near the hotel. We will return and possibly stay in a cabin. I would have given this hotel 5 stars if they had updated the carpet, the sheets/bedspread and matter in the room. All were a little tired.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Turkey Run is a Beautiful place to visit! we LOVED the trails which were all very clean and well maintained! We stayed at the INN in a 2 Queen room. The Room was Clean and Beds were comfortable. The temperature, when we stayed, was 90's to 100 degrees and the room stayed cool. A few things to mention...the bathroom door had no lock...just a hole where the lock used to be. Not an issue for us, but could be depending on your circumstances. Also, the hair dryer attached to the wall had no front guard on it! Very dangerous if any children in the room. Luckily i had my own hair dryer w/me! No mini fridge or Microwave....so bring your cooler. And TV channels are minimal. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but it always smelled good! The store at the Inn was about average for a tourist place. We got t-shirts 12.99 each and a magnet for 3.99. We did get to use the veranda ~ you have to keep watch for an open table bc they fill up quick and stay occupied! Walls are thin, but if you wear yourself out on the trails, it won't matter!! Have a great time, WE DID!!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G0Places
Reviewed June 16, 2012

there was no hot water and the service in the restraunt was horrible. The buffet table was cold and the eggs were powered. I decided against the buffet and ordered from the menu. Another mistake they forgot my order. The food was expensive and not good. The rooms were overpriced and the store was also overpriced

Room Tip: keep away from this place
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul P
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Turkey Run is an awesome state park with great, easy, beautiful hikes! We stayed in the cabins. They are small rooms, older, but clean. Not complete "roughing it", but definitely not a romantic plush environment. The cabins also had thin walls and I could hear the high school groups in the next rooms. That would be my only complaint. Out air conditioner was so loud that it really helped drown out the noise while it was on. We always bring our own "white noise" anyway.

The Inn's restaurant was very good. The buffet was delicious with comfort food options and salad bar.

I gave 4/5 because of the thin walls and bare bones rooms. I will definitely stay there again though!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank KJRMom
Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you want a great hike in the middle of Indiana, that makes you feel like you are somewhere else, and you don't mind the rustic lodge setting, then, this place is for you! We had a small room, one queen bed, very small shower... this Inn is older, so tall ceilings make it "quaint". If they would update the decor and clean the windows, I'd give it 5 stars.

The onsite Restaurant was excellent, the staff friendly and obviously this is the main attraction in town. The place gets booked up easily, so you need to reserve a few months in advance. It is very popular with families, kids, and get togethers, reunions, etc., as the lodge has other rooms for parties and cottages.

Because we were hiking and in town for a graduation, this place was good enough for our needs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AncestorSeeker
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Nice,quaint inn. Staff was very nice and friendly. I am disappointed that I left a brand new guide book in the room and I called within a few hours after my checkout and they did not have it. I called the next day and was told it had not been found.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Turkey Run Inn a few weeks ago and enjoyed it very much. The Inn's staff were very friendly, always taking the time to answer our many questions. The area was beautiful with lots of spring color and the trails were well kept. We enjoyed dining in the restaurant-great food and service. The morning breakfast buffet couldn't be beat anywhere. Our room was very small but clean and the rates were very good. We will return when we have more time.

Room Tip: Stay in the middle of the week for the best rates and fewer crowds.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ron868
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshall
Econo Lodge Rockville
Super 8 Windsor/Madison North
Ramada Limited Crawfordsville
Ramada Limited Crawfordsville
#5 of 9 in Crawfordsville

Been to Turkey Run Inn? Share your experiences!