• Pool
All reviewsthe main houseturkey run state parkgracious hostsfresh fruitcovered bridge festivalprivate entranceturkey subown bathroombreakfast was deliciouscinnamon rollsb and bsatellite tvthoroughly enjoyed our stayother guestsboiled eggsgreat place to stayfarm country
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Having grown up in Parke County, I return there on a regular basis and am so glad to have gotten a suggestion from a friend to try Granny's. Judy and Sam are most gracious hosts and have gone to great lengths to make their property comfortable but still retain it's farmhouse charm.. And they sparred no effort to make us feel at home and feed us like royalty.

I can't imagine two harder jobs than managing a B and B and a farm. But they pull it all off with grace and charm.

Thanks Judy and Sam. We will most assuredly be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We just returned from our second stay at Granny's Farm. We stayed in the room they call "room #1". Granny's Farm B&B consists of two homes: the main one is Sam and Judy's home, the second house used to be the home of Judy's grandmother, "Granny". Room #1 is in the main home. Sam and Judy greeted us warmly when we arrived. They really do a great job of making guests feel like welcome friends and not simply "customers".

Room #1 is in the walk-out basement of the main house. One reason we like room 1 so well is that it has a private enterence at the side of the house. Room 1 guests get a key to the side entrance so they can come and go with ease.

Each morning, we had a continental style breakfast with fresh fruits, cereal and cinnamon rolls fresh from the oven. Their kitchen (the one in the main house where we stayed) is beautiful and features a great view of the farm. The other house, Granny's Farm House, can be seen across the field.

On some mornings Sam's sister, Mary Jane, served breakfast in the main house while Sam served in the other house. Mary Jane is just as kind and hospitable as Sam and Judy. They are a wonderful family to visit.

Sam, Judy and Mary Jane have a wealth of knowledge about the local area. They have a warm friendly way of filling you in on all the details without sounding like tour guides. It's just like visiting family or friends who are just excited to share with you the fun things there are to do nearby.

The location is great for either doing Turkey Run State Park, or events in Parke County. For us, we stay at Granny's Farm because it's convenient for enjoying Parke County's annual Covered Bridge Festival.

The ammeneties are all very modern. The main home is not very old (maybe 10 to 15 years?). The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. Our room had a jacuzzi tub and separate shower and double vanity in a very large private bath.

We highly recommend Granny's Farm Bed and Breakfast to anyone who wants a very clean, comfortable, and especially friendly place to stay in the Parke county area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fwrunner
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband and I took a last minute trip to Turkey Run State Park just to get out of town. We had the good fortune of finding Granny B's Farm Bead and Breakfast. We spoke mostly with Judy Brook and truly enjoyed the hospitality and history of her grandmother's farm. The room and the farm home was extremely clean, huge and peaceful. Our first Bed and Breakfast and we couldn't ask for a better experience. We highly recommend this one!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjphillips78
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The owners of this establishment leave a great deal to be desired when it comes to running a business and dealing with customers who frequent their area. I made a reservation and they were very accommodating during that process. However, I cancelled my reservation with them 3 days before my arrival. They claim they did not get the cancellation and, although I sent them proof of my cancellation three times, they still charged me the full room rate, tax, and a fee. The man on the phone was incredibly rude and degrading. Despite the fact that no where on my reservation nor on their website did it state that if they did not receive the cancellation they would charge you the full room rate and then some, and despite the fact that I sent proof, they refuse to refund my money. I will tell everyone I know about their unfair business practices and report them to the Better Business Bureau. Do yourself a favor, stay at the Cabins at Hobson's Farm instead! They go out of their way to make you happy.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
10  Thank ProfessorV
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed at this B&B for two night and went hiking and canoeing at the Turkey Run State park. The BB is very close to the park. We stayed at the farm house which is only a little distance from the main house. It's a very charming house. Judy and Sam have been very good hosts. The room was spacious and clean. We had problem with the shower and the hot water the first night we were there. They were very responsive and helpful in fixing the problem. The breakfast was very nice especially with fresh fruits and tasty bread. We used their fridge and microwave - very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple