“pleasant stay for a small town”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marion
Mumbai, India
“pleasant stay for a small town”
Reviewed June 10, 2010

- a great location
- good rooms
- we enjoyed our overnight stay

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
GeneralManager026, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are glad you were happy with your stay and the services that we provided for you. We like to personally thank you for your review and want you to let us know of any services we can help provide you with in the future. Our company prides itself on customer service and we look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the near future. We are proud to have your business and we wanted to let you know that we appreciate all the time you spent working on that review. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wisconsin
Reviewed December 30, 2008

This hotel was certainly "no frills." Although the in-room decorations were nothing short of ugly the room itself was clean and sufficiently comfortable. The hotel hallways were loud, particularly since we had a room adjacent to the breakfast area. The continental breakfast selection led us to investigate the local fast food locations. Although this might be the best hotel given the out-of-the-way location, I would not stay here if I did not have to.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for my brother in laws wedding. The hotel is okay, a little old it seemed, but in pretty good shape. One couple in our group arrived to find their bed on cement blocks, and unbalanced at that. They reported this to the front desk, who said maintenance would be around to fix it, and come check out time (2 days later), noone had been there yet. The staff was unbelievably rude!!! We arrived late on Thursday and went straight to bed. On Friday morning, I told the housekeeper in the hallway what room we were in, and that we did not need service, just 2 extra towels. He insisted that I give him our "dirties" in order to receive 2 more. I explained that we had no "dirties", we just arrived but only had 2 towels in the room, and needed 2 more. He refused to give them to me, and said that I would have to go to the Front Desk for them. Saturday morning, the waffle maker needed to be sprayed with nonstick spray (I know this because I work in hotels, and when the waffle sticks to either side of the griddle, and splits in half, that means it's time for some spray), I asked the night auditor for spray and he just stared at me. I told him I could spray it myself, if he could provide me with the spray, at which time he informed me that "You are not suppose to spray it all the time". I asked him if the waffle was suppose to rip in half, and stick to the griddle...finally, he came to assist. On Saturday evening, after the wedding reception, my husband was in the lobby, and the floor had obviously just been mopped (wet floor & wet floor sign). A woman slipped on the floor, and my husband helped her up. Afterward, he looked at the Front Desk person (because they did not seem to acknowledge the fallen woman), and before my husband had a chance to say anything the attendant said "We just mopped the floor", my husband replied "I see that", and the employee snapped "Well, if you hadn't spilled beer clear down it!". My husband replied that he had not had a drink in 2 hours, and certainly not since we had been back at the hotel. I encountered 2 nice staff members, throughout our entire 4 day visit. One was a younger, short-dark haired girl, with pretty shiney eyeshadow. And the other was a younger, housekeeper, gentleman, who held the door open for me on Saturday morning. He also serviced our room (213) later that morning, and happily provided us with fresh towels. All and all, it really seemed that the staff was bothered by having to do their jobs, and certainly have no clue about customer service. I DO NOT recommend this hotel!!!

• Liked — We had someplace to sleep, nice business center and fitness room.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed June 2008
Livonia, MI
Reviewed May 28, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for one night after a long drive on our way home.

The hotel was located about 5 miles from I-69 on a main road and it was easy to find. The outside appearance looked clean and modern.

The room was very good size with average standard bedding.

Maintenance seem to be lacking as we found a few things not working or broken in our room.

The worst part was the "deluxe" continental breakfast. If it wasn't for the fresh, hot waffles, you would have been better off going to a fast-food place in the morning.

We would definitely look for an alternative lodging choice next time.

• Liked — Nothing to brag about - get your sleep and get out!
  • Disliked — Deluxe continental breakfast was sub-standard.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Columbiana, Ohio
Reviewed May 1, 2007

We booked the very last room available in Marion, Indiana. It was a queen with additional amenities of a small frig, microwave, pull out sofa bed, jacuzzi tub. The room was nice, seemed clean, the jacuzzi tub needed some caulking and you had to climb into the jacuzzi to take a shower. Several light bulbs were burned out. For the price it was fine. I think to compete with the Hampton up the street, they should do the new linen thing with the duvets, extra thick mattress pads, lighten up the room a little. However, since it's a college town sometimes they don't have to have any extras due to the limited number of rooms available in the town. The staff were very nice and the continental breakfast was perfect since the restaurant nearby was not! We waited until we got back to our hometown to eat our dinner!

• Liked — Convenience and it was the only room available!
  • Disliked — The room seemed dark, dated. Jacuzzi tub needed some fresh caulk.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed March 6, 2007

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was clean and the staff was friendly. Continental breakfast was good and we enjoyed the waffles. Pool and hot tub were nice and the area around them were clean. There weren't any towels in the pool area when we went, but the staff quickly brought us some. We stayed during the week. Everything was in order and we would book a stay again.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — View from room
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 10, 2005

My family and I went to the Comfort Inn, because it is the only hotel in Marion, IN. We went to Marion IN to see the Mississnewa 1812. The largest renactment of the war of 1812. The pictures on the internet looked fabulous. Don't believe everything you see. The outside was nice, we checked inn and went to our room. The room was dirty, the bathroom floor was nasty. Oh its gets better. My son pulled out the sofa sleeper to our surprise it looked like they just got it off a garbage dump. There were rips all over, and it was covered in filth. The maids were as rude as can be. My children were swiming in the pool and a few maids walked outside to smoke and left the door to the outside wide open. My experience with this hotel was horrible I will not return.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Warren
Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!