“Comfortable”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I brought our dog to see a nearby vet and stayed at this hotel. We arrived very late but checked in quickly. The room was large and the bed comfortable for the three of us. The next day they allowed us to stay in our room until 1pm! Our latest check out time at a hotel ever!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Karen M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! We are delighted that we have been able to accommodate you. We strive for great customer service with each and every guest. We look forward to seeing you again when you come to Marion.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel was clean, beds were comfortable. Pillows - it's a Comfort Inn thing! The pillows are too small & uncomfortable. Breakfast was the standard. Staff was nice. Had reservations for 2 nights but finished what I had scheduled and left after the 1st night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Karen M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are glad you were happy with your stay and the services that we provided for you. We like to personally thank you for your review and want you to let us know of any services we can help provide you with in the future. Our company prides itself on customer service and we look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the near future. We are proud to have your business and we wanted to let you know that we appreciate all the time you spent working on that review. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel. We loved our spacious room. It was neat and clean. The breakfast was average fare for a hotel. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel was undergoing remodeling which is good for any hotel to do to maintain their high standards and meet customer expectations. We were not disturbed at all by the work going on in another section of the hotel. We will be back to stay here in an even better room.

Room Tip: Ask for waht you want.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CarpeDiem0212
Karen M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! We are delighted that we have been able to accommodate you. We are so excited to be undergoing renovations to our property! Our rooms are going through a big transformation. We look forward to seeing you again when you come to Marion.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have to say, I'm not normally picky when it comes to hotels, but the cleanliness was not excusable. The first thing we noticed upon entering the room was that the floor was REALLY sticky. I have no idea what it was from. It was quite late by the time we got in the first night so we notified hotel service in the morning. We were told to "find a housekeeping person" and have them clean it (at the front desk). Really? So, we did, because it was quite gross. The first housekeeper told us that it wasn't her section... ugh. The housekeeper in the "correct" section was no where to be found. Finally, housekeeper #1 was willing to locate the other housekeeper (by this time I was getting quite annoyed). They said they would take care of it. So... 15 minutes later and one sweep of the carpet cleaner... the floors were now wet AND sticky. I honestly would never, EVER stay here again. I took my shoes off for maybe 5 minutes after showering... big mistake. I had to re-shower. We were there with a group and although we were the only ones with a "sticky floor", other rooms had odor problems, etc. Also, the tub was not very clean. We probably should have requested a different room, but we had a toddler with us and it was quite full due to several events going on. Also, the toilet didn't flush the first morning (not sure why)... that was fixed, but not quickly. Overall... not pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelby481
Karen M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during you recent visit. I want to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal for our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I do hope that you will give us another chance next time you come to Marion.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I don't normally stay at Comfort Suites but the Hilton down the street was full. The staff was excellent and the rooms were big. I thought the location was excellent. Comfortable beds and the pool was very clean, as were the rooms. I will definately be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Karen M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! We are delighted that we have been able to accommodate you. We look forward to seeing you again when you come to Marion.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We only chose this property because it was part of a wedding party room block. Not the greatest town anyway, but I wish I would have used my Hilton status and stayed down the street. The mattresses were marginal at best-cleanliness was "OK". There was a smoky smell in the hallway all the time, along with the burnt microwave popcorn smell. The desk was often unattended-the guy said he was trying to chase down the smoke smell but ironically he was outside smoking ;-/ The chairs around the pool were flimsy chairs from some discounted discount store that were probably purchased 5 years ago. There were no chaise lounges (we had a free afternoon to relax which was not possible-unattended kids were screaming and doing cannonballs in the pool the entire time) Pool area was very run down and dirty. All the surrounding glass doors which would have made the area a bit nicer, were stuck and would not open.
Then-we asked for a late check out which would have been a breeze at the "other" property. We were told it would be 1/2 day charge. Then before we could decide if we wanted to do that to prepare for the wedding, the housekeeper said we needed to be out by 4pm. I assumed they were giving me a complimentary late checkout so we scurried around and left by 4pm. When my bill came through on my credit card, I'll be darned if they didn't charge me for an extra 1/2 day. I just got off the phone with them about adjusting it and since I already received a "deal" for the wedding party rooms, no adjustment given. Bad experience all around but the wedding was lovely and saw 2 beautiful young people begin their lives together........thank goodness they did not stay there!!!

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton down the road ;-)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lori K
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

I deeply regret your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you. The feedback that you provided is appreciated because we know it will only make us better.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future when your travels bring you back to Marion, IN.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I got married this weekend and had lots of out of town family come stay. Not only was the hotel beautiful, but the staff was very friendly! The manager personally came to talk to some of our family to make sure everything was all right. Comfortable beds, a pool, and clean smelling rooms. No smoke!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are less likely to have residual cigarette smell.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Hampton Inn Marion
Hampton Inn & Suites Kokomo
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Warren

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!