Holiday Inn Express Madison
$78
Hotels.com
$80
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront desk staffnice hotelindoor poolunder renovationbathroom sinkrooms are cleantaco bellhistoric districtone night stayclifty falls state parkwonderful stayhierefrigerator
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed here during a visit to Clifty Falls State Park. The hotel was very clean & well kept. The staff was very informative & the price was great too. I will certainly stay here the next time I visit Madison!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2008

My husband and I have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express twice and have found it to be clean and comfortable--nothing fancy but entirely adequate. During our most recent stay, the staff people we encountered--with the exception of the woman who serviced the breakfast area--were particularly nice and friendly.
My one real complaint: Our recent stay coincided with Madison's annual tour of historic homes and with homecoming at Hanover College, located a few miles from Madison--and rates at the Holiday Inn Express seemed very high, both in comparison to other lodging in Madison and for the quality of the hotel. Following two nights at the Holiday Inn Express, we spent another two nights at a true luxury hotel, which cost just $20 per night more than the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Great staff, nice clean rooms. Ended up here after we had another place in Madison booked that was very unacceptable. It was a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Tried to book online but Holiday Inn's site had a problem and wouldn't let me so I called the hotel directly. Got set up with a whirlpool room quickly. Upon arrival fast, friendly check-in. The king room was very small due to the larger tub but that's OK. What wasn't was the horrible noise when the A/C came on. Asked for another room like it. Desk lady said she'd move me and upgrade me. Ended up with a big suite! THANKS!

Anyway, big living room with gas fireplace, TV, sink, full sized refrigerator that was stuck on and froze up so not very cold. Separate bedroom with TV and DVD and king bed. Huge bath with jetted tub as desired, separate shower. A/C in each room, both noisy but not so bad as to keep me from sleeping like the first room. Both TVs worked fine, would have been nice to have a remote for the DVD player, also many would not be able to figure out how to get the picture up. Bed was comfy, tub was great. Wireless internet worked but slow.

Breakfast was typical, had eggs & sausage plus usual cereal, bagels, etc. All staff I met were very friendly. Place was clean everywhere.

Rooms are fairly pricey at regular rates and other than the beautiful suite for a room price, probably not worth it with the Best Western and Comfort Inn for less. Last time I stayed at the BW, it was quite a bit less though not quite as nice.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 18, 2007

Hotel is clean and recently remodeled. Staff tries but come up just a bit short. I am a business traveler and my profile specifically notes the need for high speed Internet. I checked and spent an hour on the phone with my company help line and another with the motels help line in the end I had zero Internet (not even dial up).The property was booked so I could not be moved to another room.

I could have accepted that this was a rare event but while on the line with the motel help line, they stated they had had problems with the room before and they keep searching the notes to see if they were ever able to help others. Needless to say they found nothing.

Madison doesn't offer much. I will try the Clifty Inn next time. Can't be less productive.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank thefbi