“Anniversary getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Riverboat Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We just stayed here as part of our 28th anniversary getaway weekend. This is a very clean and charming place. Great view of the Ohio river. The staff was fantastic to us and even gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. The evening music was nice. The deck areas are comfortable. Our room had an electric fireplace that we could turn on without the heat and we loved it. The towels in the bathroom were nice as well as the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel dispenser. The staff was very knowledgeable as to the area and gave us great tips. The treats in the lobby were good. They had a book with a lot of the restaurants menus so we could decide where we wanted to go. Madison has a lot of history and many houses to tour. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lewbetty

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary and it is ok on the lower end of places but staff was really nice clean room. The area is nice of course the bridge work takes away from the view of river,Madison overall is a nice town.

Room Tip: get the suite room 122 i believe
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

stayed here for the first time will come back, nothing fancy but very nice place helpful staff the girl at the desk showed us rooms before we made reservation and our room was spacious and nice beds sleep good, had a man singing and playing guitar out on the patio nice decks and porches to set back take it easy nice view of the river. We will stay again note there is bridge construction going on so you may want to check with hotel staff on best time to stay no bridge work the day we stayed quit and nice. Thank you Riverboat inn for a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Exceptionally clean rooms and wonderful staff. You will not be disappointed! We had to cut our vacation stay short over Memorial Day weekend but we will be back before the summer is over! Very nice homey rooms where the staff is truly personable and cares about your needs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank bobb502
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at Riverboat Inn last summer and now we are again this summer. The staff is very, very friendly and very helpful.

The rooms were neat and clean. I highly recommend this place. Hanover is not far from here and our girls had a wonderful time. The atmosphere is peaceful and they make you feel at home. This is your home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank KESMJS92
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Kathie picked this place up about 6 years ago and I first landed here for the first time 6 months later. (From all accounts it's a good thing I hadn't tried it before!) It's very attractive and comfortable and looks right out on The Ohio River. And Kathie's knowledge of the river and the riverboats (esp The Delta Queen, of course) adds greatly to the experience.

All the rooms are quite new and nicely done. And there's a very nice restaurant and lounge right next door (a short walk along the river).

The only downside is no fault of theirs. Unless you have a GPS, you just have to be determined to head to the bridge and then turn off just before having to cross. <g> And then... there you are!,

I've been here solo several times, once for a most terrific anniversary trip with my wife. Great place in a really great quaint 19th century town.

Room Tip: We always opt for the slightly pricier river view rooms. Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank jazzfan65
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed in the Captains Quarters in June 2012 while our girls basketball team was competing at Hanover College and although it was obvious that it was a low-budget hotel, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. We had no hot water in our suite- which can happen, I realize. The staff gave us keys to another room so that we could use the other room to shower. Before we called the front desk to report that our hot water wasn't working, my husband took a look at the hot water heater since it was in the hall closet. It was illegally wired and you could even see where there had been a small fire at one time due to the hill-jack job. Not exactly safe. Like, I said- I didn't even complain because after all- they gave us keys to another room to use a hot shower.

Our girls team booked rooms there again this year (2013). I figured we'd give it a 2nd chance to see if things had improved. First of all, do NOT email these people if you expect to get any kind of service or information. Although the website DIRECTS you to email them when you click on the "Contact Us" button, it will take 48 hrs to receive a response and even then, you will be hard pressed to get the information you need. After attempting to email the front desk for 3 days, I received an email asking me to give them a call. So I did. STILL the woman at the front desk would not give me simple information without me beating it out of her. These rooms are overpriced for what you get- it's an old building & not very updated. I don't even know where they get the pictures to put on tripadvisor because none of the rooms/lobby areas that I went in looked half as nice as what is pictured.

The property is located in a neat area- built high on a hill & you an see the river & bridge from the hotel. In my opinion, seeing a contaminated river is not worth the price that they're charging for these rooms. Just don't expect much customer service if you stay here. While I'm sure the staff is friendly, they aren't real professional.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy M
riverboatmadison, Owner at Riverboat Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

I am so sorry you had a bad experience. I was out of state taking care of family illness. I will call you and do my best to rectify this for you. Several new staff are no longer at the hotel. My goal is for all to have a good experience. Kathie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hillside Inn
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
#1 of 6 in Scottsburg

Been to Riverboat Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!