“Great little town!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Riverboat Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed July 20, 2012

One of the best two day get aways we've had. We had an upstairs end room and it was large. The bed was comfortable and the room was pretty. We were there on Sunday and Monday night, so there was no entertainment. The hotel was quiet. We loved the seating on the hill overlooking the river. The owner was very friendly as was everyone in the entire town. They couldn't have been nicer. I didn't know about the home tours until we got to town and was very excited. Lucky for us we were there on a Monday so the tours were open, which they are not during the week. I would highly recommend this trip!

Room Tip: Try a room on the end. They are larger and a bit more private.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a historical building and the rooms are a little smaller but everything in them is top quality. From high thread count sheets to the thick luxurious bath sheets. We stayed in a riverfront room and loved sitting on the balcony and patio watching the river and listening to live music. Already planning next visit.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherry G
Reviewed June 23, 2012

First, this is not my first bad experience with the Riverboat Inn, but I feel that everyone has a bad day so I wanted to give then a second chance. We rented one of Kathy's houses in Madison and in the middle of my stay I was told I had to move because she had rented the house out from under me. I was working 12 hours a day and 7 days a week. When I went to pay rent, I was told to move. I was not a very happy camper but what could I do?
The next time I was in town, my wife was with me and she wanted to stay there for the view. Kathy, the owner, told her there would be a $100 fee for our small CLEAN 10 year old Pug. She told my wife that was a standard fee for traveling with a dog. We just traveled from Santa Fe, NM and never paid over $15 for the dog and a lot of places do not even charge for pets. The rooms are small and smell of mold and some other smell I can not describe. There are too many other places to stay in town like the Hillside Inn and Clifty Falls Inn. However, also stay away from the Central Motel. It is about the same caliber as the Riverboat Inn! Madison is one of the friendliest towns I have ever visited so I was shocked to be treated the way we were. I can tell she is not a local but a transplant from a city where people are very rude and inconsiderate.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else!!
7  Thank Jack W
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have been staying at the River Boat Inn for four years now. I stay there on business as a workers comp RN and with my husband for a relaxing get away. We average 20 plus nights per year or more. I cannot think of one negative thing. Yes, the rooms are smaller, but the building is old and historic and rooms in hotels back then where smaller. The view and friendliness of everyone who stays and works at the River Boat Inn makes up for the smaller rooms. The rooms do have the most comfortable pillow top king size beds. Since this hotel is mostly couples the King size bed is nice and roomy. I would rather have a large comfortable bed than sleep in a double bed. Who stays in the room anyway? Most people are socializing outside looking at the river and enjoying the music . I would suggest " Not worth it" ask for a quiet room when he goes to a hotel or Inn. This is not a bed and breakfast with maybe 6-8 people spending the night. On the week end this hotel is very busy and the music is great especially when other people sing. 11PM is reasonable quiet time when music stops. So, if you want to have a nice adult evening with music, dancing, singing , and bar services then look no further than the River Boat Inn in Madison, Indiana. I have to go now and call for a room. It has been six weeks since we have been there and we need to get back for a relaxing couple nights. Kathy, you are the best inn keeper in the world. We love you and all your staff. See you soon. Cindy and Steve.

1  Thank Cindy R
Reviewed June 18, 2012

the staff at this inn is the best that i have ever delt with,the rooms are beautiful and clean the property is well kept and i plan to host a cruise-in and car show here in september.i am very pleased with the riverboat inn and there staff,keep up the good work kathy and i plan to see you soon.

Room Tip: there main floor rooms are the best for the money
1  Thank Donald G
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Pros: location, views
Cons:
1) noisy. Our room was in the main inn building, which seemed like a plus till the live music began. We were directly next to the inn's bar, and people sat outside our window to enjoy the live music on the patio. Typically at any inn, other people do not sit at a table outside your room, but this inn seems to be happy to earn money from the live music in order to lose money from guests never booking here again. Madison is not a party town, so we were back in our room by 9p, and listening to slightly drunken people hoot for the musicians till 11p.
2) inconvenient configuration of room. The room had a king-sized bed, which I guess meant that there was no room for end tables. There were 2 lamps that we moved around so that we could have light w/o the overhead. It just seems an odd decision to buy a big bed for a small room.
3) flaky service. First, the website doesn't list rooms by price & type, like other inns do. You are asked to call the inn. When I called, the woman at the desk could not seem to keep the date requested in mind, repeating back to me incorrect dates numerous times. I was not super comfortable with her having my credit card information.
4) breakfast. The price of breakfast is included in the room price, but it looked unappetizing.

$120 per night is not worth it here. Try elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Parts of the hotel were nice. I loved the atmosphere. However, it had rained in the evening and for some reason our room was so damp. The floor was wet. The sheets were damp. The room was extremely small. No room for your suit cases. You can't run the heater while blow drying your hair. The toilet handle kept falling off. I don't think they clean the rooms very well because we found an earring, cell phone charger and a sock on the floor. Although it was a nice little extra, they shouldn't even bother with serving breakfast. The live music was amazing. The patio was beautiful and very relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trisha V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hillside Inn
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#1 of 7 in Carrollton
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg

Been to Riverboat Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!