“GREAT”

Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Madison
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 14, 2013

If a good old fashion juicy hamburger is on you bucket list, this is the place for you!! Great food, friendly staff, and great price! Oh yeah, try a milkshake too, they are the best!!!!!!!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had lunch here. If you are in the mood for some greasy food this is the place to go. Their burgers are pretty small but they are incredible. The diner atmosphere was hectic but cool. We did have to wait about 20-30 minutes for our food but it was well worth the wait. Will definitely eat here again next time we're in Madison!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Madison is known for is historic features, speed boat races, and a few other things.... one of those things is Hinkle's. It has an old home town dinner atmosphere and the best shakes in town.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We rented a home for our family on the waterfront and we were looking for something along our walk downtown after our 8 pm arrival. We stumbled upon Hinkles and it delivered! Everyone had a milkshake (different flavors to suit each of our tastes - mine was the 3 musketeers) and then everyone had a burger. I was the only one to order the french fries and I wish I had the hashbrowns that everyone else ordered. The two orders of chili on the side didn't arrive, we asked that it be cancelled and instead ordered two more burgers. Upon paying, we learned they comped us the two burgers as a way to apologize for the mix up. Nice touch! So, for a family of 5 adults, our bill was $35 including the tip. This 'joint' hit the spot and was just what we were looking for when combined with the walk in this quaint downtown and a late evening meal.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Been stopping at Hinkles since I got my drivers license in 64. Great burgers and hashbrowns. In my younger days it was the place to go for breakfast after a night of dancing. I've already got my son and grandson hooked on the burgers. Hope it continues for many more years. You don't want to miss this place on your trip.

Been to Hinkle's Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!