“Has gone downhill”

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Ranked #30 of 73 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Admittedly, I love their mashed potatoes and wings. But this location has really taken a turn for the worse! We paid $32 for two adults and a child and the selection was horrible. The wings were almost burnt and the only meat choices they had was fried chicken, chicken wings, chicken nuggets, spicy chicken nuggets, and some kind of pork bbq that resembled slop. For the amount of money, there should have been more choices for a main dish. This place is never busy and now I know why. If u want a good buffet, go down the road and turn left and go to The Pines. Better food for your buck!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The ponderosa steakhouse chain had gone down hill over the years to the point I had stopped going to them. But while on a business trip I found myself where there was no place to eat so I punched in the GPS to find the closest place, ponderosa came up. I reluctantly headed for it. To my surprise the food was very good and well prepared, the service was also quiet good. I would skip the stake and save the 3 bucks, the stake was good but there is enough meat on the buffet that you don't need to order the stake unless you want it. The price was about $ 11 per person not bad I would go back again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The staff at this Ponderosa are very friendly and helpful. However, the place could use a deep cleaning.We were there for a family get together and it was nice to have a separate room for our group of about 20.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love buffets. I havee a wide variety of tastes with the large family I have, so this hits the spot for everyone. It makes it easy to just get what you want. The food is usually good (wouldn't advise going on Sunday after church though .. it's packed!).
The steaks are pretty good, too! They are usually cooked as requested. Overall, a decent meal and deal.

Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Casual place to eat great salad bar nice chicken wing overall the food is pretty good and is a good place to have get togethers