“A great burger!”

Columbus, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great burger!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Of all the offerings on Main Street, it was tough to choose but we wanted something authentic to the area. When my daughter saw a Hot Brown on the menu, we chose the Downtowner. I had the deluxe burger which was a thick patty, plentiful toppings and juicy delicious which came with chips (fries not available). The Hot Brown was ok, disappointed to see cheese sauce rather than a shredded cheese was used in preparation. Overall, our meal was good, reasonably priced and plenty of local traffic, we didn't feel like out of town visitors. To go, we picked up three home made cookies: lemon, raspberry white chocolate and chocolate chip. The cookies were delicious, the size of my palm and HEAVY, I bet the bag weighed a pound.

• Visited February 2013

MI
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Not sure if they care if you come in or not.........food was good, service was good, but there doesnt seem to be any exceptional quality here.

Visited August 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place, a must stop for a weekend trip”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The two of us ate here for a Saturday lunch. There were several fun selections. We got a chef salad and then a cup of soup and a Hot Brown. It was all delicious. We opted to share one of their large homemade cookies and we went for the Lemon. It was amazing. We decided we had to go back the next day for cookies again. Great little small town place. Cozy/almost crowded but fun small town place. Food was good and inexpensive. Cookies were AMAZING! We tried the lemon and chocolate chip but they all looked delicious! We will defintely make a stop there each time we are in Madison.

• Visited January 2013
Port Orchard, Washington
“A definite stop in downtown Madison.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I have ate here many times over the last couple years and the food is always above average there Reuben is incredible everyone I take there love's it . The last time I ate there I tried a pizza which was a mistake avoid it frozen dough from a supplier. Also the soup was luke warm had to send it back to be heated. This last visit is the reason its not getting 5 stars must have been s off day. But I still recomend the downtowner.

Posey Twp
“Sandwich, soup, the best”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Best rueben I have ever eaten. Everything is fresh. Friendly service, modest prices. My husband and I eat only there when we visit the very quaint town of Madison.Would take our friends and recommend this to everyone.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Downtowner? Share your experiences!