“A classic midwestern buffet”
Review of Pines

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pines
Ranked #29 of 73 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed January 23, 2013

For some folks, "all you can eat" are the magic words to happiness. And, if you're looking for a midwestern, home-style buffet - this is a pretty good one. It's got an expansive salad bar with lots of sides, a carving board (usually carrying ham and beef when I've been there), fish, and a table full of goopy deserts.

Of course, when you're eating at a large buffet restaurant, you don't expect the finest quality. And some of the buffets that I've been to have been absolutely ghastly. Well, you can relax. The food is nothing to write home about, but it isn't bad.

Bottom line? If you like buffets like this, you'll probably be happy.

2  Thank Scott_L42

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our annual visit to Madison, IN has to include a meal at the Pines buffet style resturant. Expansive salad bar with more than enough to fill up on alone. Home cooking style includes soups, 8 plus vegtables, meats include beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish sometimes multiple selections. Desserts include bread pudding, fruit pies, cobblers, ice-cream and my favorite persimmon pudding ( minimum of 2 helpings). In our travels to 49 of the 50 states this is the only resturant that features persimmon pudding that we have found. The Pines is located on Michigan Ave which is out of the way. Also it is only open 4 or 5 days a week .. Th-F-S-S for sure. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed June 22, 2012

A bus tour of Madison I was on stopped at the Pines for lunch. It was busy and popular, indicating that the food was usually good. I particularly enjoyed the beef barley soup served that day. The salad bar was ordinary, but the food on the hot buffet was really good. I also enjoyed their chocolate pecan pie with some soft ice cream on it for dessert. I would return when visiting Madison on my own. Like many places, they need a larger ladies bathroom - not big enough for the size of their crowds, especially when they have people who need to get back to their busses on time.

1  Thank PJIMARION
Reviewed April 23, 2012

If you want a very nice buffet with homestyle cooking this is the place to go. Had a wonderful lunch there.

1  Thank Tennessee50plus
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I came upon the Pines by accident. We were both hungry and tired and it seemed to appear right in front of us. We were spending the weekend in Madison and had spent the day walking the waterfront and just wanted to eat and not have to wait, so when we came upon the Pines Buffet, we thought we'd give it a try. It was Prime Rib night at the restaurant which thrilled my husband, as that is one of his favorites. He was not dissappointed. He raved about the prime rib. All the dishes I tried were flavorful and fresh. The price was very reasonable and a nice patron who had an extra BOGO free coupon shared it with us, making our meal so cheap we couldnt have eaten fast-food so reasonable. We will return!

2  Thank beachbum68

Been to Pines? Share your experiences!