“Very good experience, recommended!”

Key West Shrimp House Incorporated
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Indianapolis
“Very good experience, recommended!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

After a day hiking at Clifty Falls my wife mentioned this place she used to visit in Madison years ago. We found that it was still in business and as it turns out the food is still very good.

We got there a bit early for dinner and were seated right away.

We had the shrimp cocktail for an app and it did it's job. The cocktail sauce was plenty spicy without being overdone; just the right amount to my taste.

The salad bar was great. Everything seemed fresh though not all homemade. But no big deal for the price (for our toddler) and included with the meals; it had a good selection. Could have filled up on the selections in the salad bar if I wanted.

I got the ribeye and I have to say it was just OK. It was at least cooked properly! I understand this isn't a steak place but for the price of the steak it should have been thicker and tastier.

My wife got a clam dish (as I recall) and she said it was quite good.

I got cheesecake as a dessert and I asked the server if it was made at the restaurant. She said it was from the Cheesecake Factory and I said, "Sounds good to me!" It was good, of course, and the price was right.

Overall I feel like the food lived up to the prices charged (except for the steak). The service was excellent and there is a pride the employees exhibit in the restaurant, food, and service.

A very good experience!

• Visited May 2014

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great spot to have lunch!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'm always a little leery of having seafood when I'm not near the sea, but I will get the crab cakes here which turn out to be quite delish. The salad bar is by far my favorite thing along with the little buttery crunchy toasts they bring to your table in a basket for an appetizer. They always have some neat selection of craft beer as well....ask for some samples!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank palleiske05
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good Food and Good View of the Ohio River.”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'll start with the positive things: The food is good. I had a blackened mahi-mahi and the spiciness was just right. You get a lot of food for your meal. The dinner has a side and a salad. The back room has a nice view of the Ohio River. I enjoyed that.

My co-worker liked the wine. I enjoyed the Great Crescent Brewery Cherry Stout. Everyone enjoyed their meals and both my co-workers enjoyed the mashed potatoes that were somehow still in their skin. You paid a lot, but you got a lot.

Now for the bad things: Our server was scatter brained. I asked about the beers and he would go to the bartender after every question. Why not wait until we've asked our questions first, then go to the bartender to have the questions answered at once. On the plus side the server was attentive once we ordered.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank BrianD317
Albion, Indiana
“Another Disappointment”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was a very big disappointment. The service was excellent but the food was just average. You could get better at Red Lobster.

Visited May 2014
Madison, Indiana
“Great location and good”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

One of the best places to eat in Madison with view of the Ohio river. Service is great. Recommend reservations on weekends as it is a busy place. Staff is friendly and eager to please.

• Visited March 2014