“Great seafood for a low price.”

Key West Shrimp House Incorporated
Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

A friend recommended this place to us. The building was a little run down but clean inside. Nice view of the river. Service was great. All meals come with bread, soup, salad bar and a side. The salad bar was fresh and well stocked. The seafood tasted fresh and was cooked correctly. I got a dish that had shrimp, crab and scallops with a twice baked potato all for about $20. Ask to be seated by the window if you want a river view.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I drove down from the Indianapolis area, about 1.75 hours, to spend the afternoon in the area. Have been to Madison many times but not to this place. Some of our normal spots are closed on Sunday's and this looked like a good option. First of all our server Davey made the entire evening a fun experience. He obviously enjoys people and enjoys his job. He was very attentive, without being intrusive. The food was excellent and plentiful. I wish I had gone with the "light" option offered on several of the dishes. The hushpuppy is not your typical corn meal variety and my wife who does not like them loved these.

We are planning on coming again soon with a group. Several reviews that I read said it was over priced. I would disagree with that. Considering the size of the portions I thought the pricing was very reasonable. I highly recommend.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife had a great dinner at the key west shrimp house. Everything was fresh and hot with a friendly staff that made for a great evening. Great beer selection also.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was our first experience with this establishment.. We are relatively new to the area and someone had given use a gift card.. Wonderful friendly staff.. Great food, salad bar had some different items very fresh.. Love the river view and pictures.. Had a wonderful fire going in the fireplace which added to the atmosphere.. Went for dinner. Some may say a little pricey. But well worth the splurge.. We will try it for lunch as well.. A definite we will be back..

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I have been going to the shrimp house for over 30 years. There is no better restaurant in Madison, period! They always make you feel welcome and the food has always been consistently great. It is the place to go for any special event or just a great meal. The Key West Shrimp House is an institution and I would never visit Madison without stopping by.

2  Thank Schnabadeaux