“A different review”

Crystal & Jules
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are an upscale dining restaurant in beautiful downtown Madison, IN. We offer many types of cuisine using only fresh ingredients. Try our Made from scratch, hand rolled pasta, or our best selling item, the Costa Rican New York Strip.
Madison, Indiana
“A different review”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've been here a few times and like all the other reviews, this is the best place in Madison to get a meal.

But I had a different experience recently that really shows how great the staff and chef Andy is. My wife and I were heading home from a Christmas party and just wanted a place to sit and have a drink. Now most bars either have music or people falling over themselves drunk. So we thought we'd try to stop in and see if Crystal and Jules was open. They were just closing up and there were no patrons and the chef and his crew were just relaxing. Most restaurants will say we're closed and move along. Andy and crew welcomed us in and let us have a drink as they finished up. Thank you all very much!

• Visited December 2013
arichmer, Owner at Crystal & Jules, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you very much sir...I do not have kids yet, but I'm sure when you get a date night with your wife you want to have a laid back drink, so I was happy to let you in after hours...as long as you didn't mind the music we play after closing.

louisville, ky
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Crystal and Jules has a terrific, upscale menu. However, if you want to eat there, make sure you have a reservation. My date and I went on a Saturday night and they didn't have a table, so we sat at the bar. The service was still good and the patrons extremely friendly. We had a great meal and a great time! The Costa Rican steak had a wonderful flavor and was very tender. The desserts looked fabulous, but I didn't save room for any unfortunately!

arichmer, Owner at Crystal & Jules, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We do get busy on the weekends and I am glad you enjoyed our bar dining area. Next time you come you will have to save room for dessert because our Creme Brulee will blow your mind. Safe trips to you and yours. Thanks
Alabama
“wonderful meal, great service”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal at Crystal and Jules. The grilled chicken with poblano pasta is excellent and I highly recommend it. The service was very good and we had a wonderful time. Everything was tasty-the salad, the appetizer and of course the creme brulee. Great experience all around.

arichmer, Owner at Crystal & Jules, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
First off thanks for your review. Every since we put the Pablano Chicken on the menu people have loved it...the fresh rolled pasta is what makes it special. I hope you have safe trips and will find your way back to us again. Thanks
Willoughby, Ohio
“Amazing food in a small town setting”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing meal. Butternut squash, curry, and pear soup is a taste I will never forget. Steak was good and the best creme brûlée ever.

Visited November 2013
arichmer, Owner at Crystal & Jules, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thanks for your review. That soup has changed the lives of many people. When we make it, it will last about 1 day and that is all. I'm glad you enjoyed the steak and your dessert. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Kentucky
“Great Date Night Place”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

What a great experience: wonderful service and scrumptious food! Started with the mascarpone and goat cheese w/ prosciutto, a perfect salty bite that's great with red wine. Then fresh salads, and good hot bread. For the main course, my husband had the stuffed chicken breast which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had the lemon lime chicken with roasted poblano cream sauce & house-made pasta, which was instantly addicting it is so delicious! Can't wait to go back and try their lamb and other treats on their new fall menu! Lucky they're local for us :)

arichmer, Owner at Crystal & Jules, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Let me tell you the Lamb is very addicting. I have to stop myself from eating up all the profits with it. I'm glad you and your husband enjoyed all aspects of your meal. Please come back and see us again, and until then have safe trips.

Been to Crystal & Jules? Share your experiences!