“Enjoyed our stay here.”
Review of Hillside Inn

Hillside Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I love to go to Madison for a quick getaway. We had a suite at Hillside that had a fireplace and jacuzzi tub, as well as a balcony with a nice view of the small town at night. The room was very nice and clean. We enjoyed the plush robes about our soak and sitting on the balcony. The room was slightly pricey for the age of the hotel. We did not experience the breakfast, as we slept too late, but the bed was super comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The suite with the fireplace was very cozy.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beachbum68

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Hmmm... Stayed here during Labor Day weekend on our visit to Madison. The good part about the hotel is the view. Other than that... nothing exciting. NO landscaping, NO flowers, the continental breakfast was not good... the room where you eat breakfast is torn apart. They call this a "boutique" hotel, but they don't try to add any charm to it. There are two hanging baskets of flowers stuck in the ground with the Wal-Mart tag still attached in need of some serious water as you walk in the front. The rooms are in need of some updating. This hotel could be SO much more.. it's sad really because it has such a neat history. Too bad they don't try harder. The elevator seemed like it was about to break.. we thought we almost got stuck once. And to top it off, we woke up in the middle of the night to the people next door having sex. Stay at the Clifty Inn instead!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley91385
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Best place in Madison view from the balcony take your breath away hotel staff are very friendly.everything was just right rooms are very clean and bed are very comfertable I slept like a little baby

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I've been coming to Hillside for over 20 years. I remember when it was a basic concrete box. The inside looks much better than it used to but still needs some work. The Staff has always been nice and friendly. The view is, and always will be, spectacular.
In the late 90's the water pipes exploded and flooded the place, sadly the renovation work in 2000 didn't get all the moldy smell out. I've never been to the Restaurant.
The view out the balcony is wonderful. Its worth the price so when you book a visit make sure you stay on the 3rd floor.
I would like to say that Hillside is the nicest place I've ever stayed at but its not. But it is a place that Ive enjoyed for well over 20 years and Im sure I'll be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank UB32UNC
Reviewed July 28, 2011

If I had not booked my stay at this hotel over the phone I would have turned around when we got into the parking lot. The outside of the building looks like it has not been touched in quite awhile. Since I had already payed, we went inside hoping for the best. To my disappointment it didn't get any better once inside. The lobby was tiny and hadn't been remodled since the 70's. My husband asked if I was expecting The Bellagio and I said "no, but the 80's would have been nice. With trepidation we took the elevator to our 3rd floor room with the knowledge that if I didn't like it we would march back downstairs and ask for a refund.
Luckily the other reviewers on tripadvisor were correct, the room was nice and updated. Not perfect, but nice. They have tried to become a "boutique" hotel by adding up to date linens, bedding and bathroom items. The beds were comfortable and the view was fabulous.
The breakfast is decent if you get there early, it didn't look like anyone came to check on things or replinish once they were gone.. Also, the wifi in the room is very weak.
Overall, the room was a great price, comfortable & clean. You just have to make it past the lobby!

1  Thank vickib373
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My Husband and I have returned to the Hillside Inn for the past 5 consecutive years. Niki Mistry, Manager and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The accommodations are exceedingly clean, well maintained and the bed is very comfy and relaxing. There is a Continental Breakfast that includes cereal, eggs, toast, yogurt, juices etc. to start your day. We love staying on the third floor to see the fantastic view from our balcony! We watch the activity on Main Street, the Ohio River Bridge, as well as the barges traveling up and down the Ohio River. The luscious hills surround your view and embrace the beauty of the town. The overall experience is fabulous and well worth staying at the Hillside Inn. Bob and Diane

4  Thank food055
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Very clean, nice and quiet, the view is the best in town. Breakfast was the normal free breakfast. They need a restaurant and bar to separate them from the rest!

1  Thank coach56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Inn Madison
#7 of 7 in Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#1 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Hillside Inn? Share your experiences!