“A great place, don't miss it!”

Thomas Family Winery
Ranked #7 of 27 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: Located just two blocks from the Ohio River in a rehabilitated 1850's stable and carriage house, visitors and friends alike gather at The Thomas Family Winery for relaxation and refreshment. Proud of our hand-crafted, traditional wines, ciders and hearth-baked breads made on-site, we also serve small plate snacks in our cheerful pub-style tasting room, outdoor gardens and patio.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Thomas Family Winery is a great place. All of the staff, and you are likely to meet and spend time with the owners, are friendly, knowledgable, helpful and very genuine. The wine is good, but might not be to the liking of those favoring very sweet, fruity wines. Tasting is an enjoyable, and free, experience. The setting is comfortable and relaxed. Every time we go to Madison we make a point of spending an hour or two relaxing here. In fact, the Thomas Family Winery is not only the highlight of our trips to Madison, but often the reason we go!

1  Thank tewks
There are newer reviews for Thomas Family Winery

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Maybe it's because I don't drink dry wine but I unfortunetly did not get the service that everyone else got. Whoever the big guy is (I think the owner) basically told us to stop wasting his time because true wine drinkers drink dry wine. Sad day because I do love my wine. The lady at the bar actually serving us was nice but unfortunetly I still wasn't a big fan. Kind of a cute atmosphere, I get more of a tavern feel than winery, but they did have some good music. I guess it just wasn't what I pictured for a winery. My boyfriend did love the cider though!

6  Thank SarahFr_12
Reviewed September 8, 2012

live music saturday nights, featured artists work on the walls, great place for both locals and visitors.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Ok so it's not Napa but it's a fun friendly place. The cider is the best. The wines are what they are for Indiana . Service is very friendly. Fun stop.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Very good wine.Excellent young lady at counter.Wine is made is this building.Bought 2 bottles,tasted 5.