“Expected more from others reviews”

Comfort Inn Madison
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Saint Louis, MO
“Expected more from others reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed for three nights over the Memorial Day weekend while visiting Madison and the surrounding area. The staff was very welcoming and attentive. We had a 2 Queen room on the third floor facing the highway junction. In addition to two beds the room had a small refrig and microwave. The room was small and there was not much room to move around. There was a small table with lamp and ice bucket that was barely big enough to set up a laptop. Had problems with a new A/C unit. It was hard to keep the room cool without setting the controls to 67 degrees or cooler. The A/C unit is positioned across from the head of the bed nearest the window. This is a strange arrangement since the person sleeping in that bed gets a blast of air in the face every time the unit comes on. In most hotels we have stayed in the A/C unit is in the corner of the room at the foot of the beds. Speaking of cooling the hallways were very warm and A/C units on both ends appeared to be off. The bathroom was the only part of the room that was of ample size but it needed more light over the shower/tub area. The room was clean and the beds had multiple pillows.

The breakfast offerings in the morning were good with a variety of hot and cold offerings. They did not change from morning to morning. Some variety for those staying more than one night would be nice. Our issue with breakfast was the size of the room. It was entirely too small for the number of guests. A limited number of tables (around 6) filled quickly and one morning we were forced to eat in the walkway to the elevator while guests picked up newspapers from the small table we were attempting to eat from. The breakfast hostess like the rest of the staff was very nice and tried to do what she could to keep the room clean and stocked but at times she seemed frazzled by the overflow crowds.

The hotel location is convenient to both lower and upper Madison and Ciifty Falls SP. It would be OK for an overnight stay but I would not recommend it for multiple nights or a base for an extended stay in the Madison area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel to cut down on highway noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Recman
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We are sorry that your weekend stay was not as enjoyable as you had hoped. We like to get feedback from our guests,so that we can continue to improve.It is true that on busy holiday weekends our breakfast gets busy,but we do offer it for 3 hours, so that everyone has a chance to sit down and eat. We would appreciate it if you would visit us again on your next getaway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Checked in by a very nice friendly lady. The way it should be. Only problem with this hotel is they do not have a work out room. Wish I had known that before making reservations. I thought all Comfort Inns had them. Nice room, quiet place, would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary K
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.We are pleased that you enjoyed the peace and quiet and friendliness of our staff. We regret that we do not have a work out facility,but we do offer a heated indoor pool and sauna.We hope you will visit us again!
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel was very accommodating during my short stay. After searching for options around the Madison area, I chose the Comfort Inn due to it's good ratings. I was greeted and checked in quickly by a friendly staff member (I think her name was Taya or Tanya). The room was very comfortable and clean; all of those little extras that I needed were available (toothbrush, etc). I was surprised to have a microwave and small fridge which came in handy! I've stayed at another hotel in Madison before and found this hotel to be more comfortable and updated. The breakfast was outstanding, much more variety than I expected and very tasty! I read a previous review from a person who needed to fax something...I also had to use their fax services and was very happy with the girl who helped me (Taya?). She told me up front there was a small fee (a few cents) per page for the fax and I was more than happy to pay. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area for a short or long stay. The staff is very pleasant and makes an effort to ensure your comfort. Also, I dined at the Crystal and Jules restaurant (Taya? suggested) and it was the best meal I've had in a long time!

Room Tip: My standard room was at the end of the hall and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank VsDestinations
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review about our hotel. Our staff was very happy that it was an enjoyable experience for you. We hope to see you again in your future travels.
Ft thomas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was traveling for work, I asked the lady at the desk if she could fax a document (personal)for me she said sure took the document and faxed it. After she confirmed the fax went through and then asked what room to charge the fax to. I said you didn't mention a charge before you faxed I'm traveling for business and this was personal it cannot be charged to the room. She said well don't you have the money. I said I do but you didn't mention a fee for the fax. She threw the papers at me and told me to just take them.
Rooms are dated, bathroom is dark, there was a bar of soap from whoever was in the room before me in the shower.
Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Erikwitt
We were disappointed to find out that your stay was not satisfactory.We take pride in the courtesy of our front desk staff and regret that you did not have that same experience.We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Haubstadt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

A little bit on the pricey side for the room but it was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was great. There are some great places to eat near by near or in Madison Indiana. I recommend Harry's Stone Grill.

Room Tip: Ask for room on first floor near front desk. Very convenient and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank klf65
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a wonderful review ! We are so pleased that we could make your stay a pleasant one.
Bluffton, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

After additional stays at this establishment, it appears that one of my first stays was not representative of the typical experience at this Comfort Inn. Since my first review (5/13), I gave it another try in 10/13 and was pleasantly surprised at how much better the room was, the service was very friendly, and the overall stay was great. I stayed there again in 11/13 and once again, was pleased with everything.

While this hotel isn't luxurious, and it does represent itself as such, it offers both soft and firm pillows (which are identified), fresh cookies when you arrive, free copies of the local paper and USA Today, excellent breakfast, nice towels, and updated bedding decor.

The evening staff was very friendly, recognized me from my former visit, and promised to check with me once I arrived in my room to make sure everything was okay. I think they forgot to do this because they never called. I think they realized they had forgotten because when I left about 45 minutes after arrival, they suddenly called out to me to make sure that my room was okay. Morning staff was pleasant, but looked like she had slept in her clothes and had perhaps not washed her hair in about a week or two. Breakfast staff was excellent.

I think that your experience at this hotel really depends on the room you have. I've been on each floor (three floors) and found that the beds on the first floor are not very comfortable (two doubles). I also stayed on the second floor where I had a king bed and it was awesome - on the backside of the hotel so no traffic noise (the AC seemed to have trouble keeping the room cool, though, it was very hot outside). My stay on the third floor in a king suite had a great bed, nice jacuzzi, on the backside of the hotel, but the bathroom fan sounded like an airplane taking off.

I will continue to visit this establishment and encourage others to stay here, especially if the purpose of your visit is for a reasonably priced hotel to spend the night while visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd or 3rd floor on the back side of the building.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank unraul
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We are so glad that you gave us another chance! Customer satisfaction is our goal, and we are so pleased that you will be staying with us in the future.
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

The staff was nice and helpful. The parking was very convenient . The room was not so great . We could hear traffic out doors clearly that interrupted sleep. The bathroom was unclean. Some type of droppings seen in corners of bathroom floor. The bathroom sink drain was very slow although we left note for staff and it was fixed when we got back. The breakfast was good, definitely better than average and woman working in area kept it clean and was very helpful. The beds were clean. Carpeting was so so. Cleaner rooms would definitely improve the hotel stay.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank lovelylife50
Glenda260, General Manager at Comfort Inn Madison, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We are very sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to please our guests and it is disappointing when we fail to do so. We hope to be given the opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay in the future. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hillside Inn
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Charlestown
Hampton Inn Carrollton
Hampton Inn Carrollton
#1 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Comfort Inn Madison? Share your experiences!