“This picture was NOT taken at the Central Hotel In Madison, In.”
Review of Central Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Madison B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The one in Madison, In does not have any rooms like this. I have seen all the rooms the hotel has to offer! There is a bar on the first floor and the people that go there are not of the best character. I have talked to a LOT of the locals and they despise this place. Madison is a great little town and the people are great. This is the same eye sore that just about every town in america has and wishes they could get rid of. There are too many other places to stay than here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else for you and your familys safety. There is a bar on the first floor and drunks fa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Jack W
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I paid for my room for a month.. BIG MISTAKE! I had no hot water @ the sink in my kitchen and my sink was stopped up for over a month. When they got it fixed, the next day it backed up again. When I went to the bar, ( they have no office or staff that will work with you ) to inform them, I was asked "What did you put down the drain this time?" After a month with no plumbing, I was happy to have a sink so I could cook. I was given so many excuses about their attempts to repair the problem, it became apparent they were lying to me. I was told they had to call an emergency plumber in. If they did that, the problem would have been fixed! ALSO in my room I had no smoke/fire detector, no vent fan in the bathroom and the switch plate for the light did not have any screws in it. Any child could pull the dimmer switch knob off and the wires would be exposed creating a real shock hazard. The fuse box located just outside my door has all kinds of wires run to it not in conduit. What a mess! On the 1st floor, there are no smoke detectors. The wires are hanging out of the wall but no detector! The emergency exit sign does work at all. I did a battery check on it my self. But wait! It gets better! In the mail hallway on the first floor, there is a big blood stain at the end of the hall where a rat died. The dead rat was on the floor for 3 days before I moved out. As far as I know, it is still there! LOTS of better places to stay in town. The few extra dollars a night will be well spent.

Room Tip: All rooms on the 1st floor are over the bar and VERY noisy. Do not park in front of the building bec...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business