“Not worth the price we paid!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area

Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Madison
“Not worth the price we paid!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This place really needs cleaned up. Both of our rooms we non-smoking, but 1 of them reeked of smoke so bad that everything that we brought into the room, then carried that same smell out of there. We had two little ones under the age of 2 1/2 that were breathing all that in. The people were friendly, but hotel was not worth the price we paid for it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I am sorry for any inconveniences that you may have had staying with. I apologize for the smell in your room. Our staff do their best to make sure each and every one is clean. We did have a housekeeper that was not doing her job properly and we have since let her go and hired a great housekeeper with plenty of housekeeping experience. I am sorry that this had happened to you and hope that if you asked for help that you would have been helped. Our front desk clerks should have offered to move you to a different room or to offer to go down and clean the room and put an deodorizer into your room to eliminate the smell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel in a joke! First we booked online and reserved a room with two double beds and was even contacting by the front desk manager earlier in the week about our reservation. When we arrived there were two clerks behind that desk. The one kindly greeted us and the other, well, didn't to say the least. She was rude and short with us when she asked my name, didn't even look at me. She then told me that we had a room with one bed NOT two. I stated that we required two because we were two adult and two children. She then turned to the other clerk and was even rude to her shouting we'll give them a roll away bed. The other clerk look embarrassed and almost ashamed and started apologizing profusely. She then started calling other hotels the time area for us trying to find us another room. Unfortunately they were out of rooms then she apologized again. The other woman just pushes up a twin sized roll away and stated that there was a $10 fee. I was extremely upset and was trying to find my confirmation email when the young girl stated that they had changed the room the a two double bed room. We continued checking in and left for dinner. When we returned to find the rude woman working at the counter again. As we walked through the lobby we smiled but she didn't even acknowledge us once again. The next morning when we went to the lobby for breakfast there was the lovely girl again. She had the biggest smile on her face and asked if that room worked out for us. And it did! I asked her name and then thanked her for her help. Kimberly was the only good thing about this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am sorry for any inconveniences that you may have encountered while staying with us. I understand that there was a problem with your room when you first arrived but my front desk manager was able to switch you to a room that did have two beds. It is also my understanding that both ladies were as nice as can be and the lady that you say was rude to you was actually the one that was able to get you switched to a different room. I am not sure how the reservation was switched in the first place but we did just recently have a new front desk clerk start and she was going through the rooms and assigning the room numbers so she might have accidentally switched out the rooms. I am again deeply sorry for any problems you may have encountered while with us but i do hope you could look past these and come stay with us again soon. I would like to suggest and just inform you that sometimes when booking online it can cause some problems and some online travelwebs actually charge more than what we would for our rooms. That is just something to keep in mind for your furture reservations.
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was my worst experience in a hotel - I called for the address and the woman at the front desk was very rude. When I got there they had the wrong room and I wasn't able to stay (they only had a room with one bed & I had booked two) and the entire time she was rude and never apologized and just tried to blame it on someone else. Furthermore, they had called twice the week prior to confirm my reservation and both times I confirmed that it had 2 Queen beds and they assured me they had it correct.
I never made it to my room, but the lobby was very dingy and they had a weird program about people being attacked by an ax. Thankfully I had come with friends and no children as it was definitely not family friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rebekah C
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I would like to apologize to you for the inconveniences you may have encountered while being at our hotel. I would like to state that when you called and talked to my front desk manager she was very kind to you on the phone and even offered to look up directions on map quest to help you arrive to our hotel. You booked through an online travelweb which they were the ones that indeed but you into a room with a single bed. They were the ones that had charged your card and had sent us the wrong room type for your reservation. She tried to offer to move you to a different room but that was unsuccessful. At the moment that you arrived there were other guest in the lobby that had requested to remote and they are the ones that had chose to watch what was playing on the television. Our guest have permission to watch what they please in our lobby. I am very sorry that you had an experience like this but I hope you can look past all of this and give us another chance. Using online travelwebs are sometimes a horrible choice as they charge more and sometimes send out the wrong info which happened in your case
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly. The room was clean. The bathroom shower door was broken on the bottom and there was mold in the shower. I understand the hotel is being upgraded, so I'm sure the bathrooms will be fixed in the future. We did not try out the breakfast, since we went into the Madison Historic District to run, and stopped by the local bakery for donuts (which were yummy!). But, the hotel breakfast sounded good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms but they are being upgraded slowly. We are doing certain things at first but we soon hope that our rooms will all be upgraded. The next time you come to the Madison area I hope you can give us another chance and try out our INNcredible breakfast. Thank you
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Although I agree that the rooms and carpets need to be updated, most of the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The young girl that was working when we were there seemed as if she didn't want to be bothered with anything. She was more involved with her phone than helping us. The breakfast was wonderful! Very few hotels offer hot foods. Yes you have to warm the eggs, bacon and sausage, but if I wanted my breakfast delivered to me hot, I would have gone to a restaurant. My family and I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I would like to start out by saying thank you for your kind words. The young lady that you were most likely talking about is no longer with us. I do agree that our rooms need to be updated and we are in the process of doing so. We can only do certain things at once but they are getting upgraded. We are really delighted that your stay with us was delightful. We would love for you to come stay with us again int he near future
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We came from out of town for a blues and BBQ festival for a much deserved weekend getaway. The service desk was very nice and helpful but once we got into our room it was not what we expected for $140 a night. We had room 201 a hot tub room. The room smelled really bad, there were dead bugs and dirt in the hot tub, there was dirt and scum foot prints in the shower, the toilet clearly hadn't been cleaned because there was a dirt ring in it to! One of the lights didn't work, when I pulled back the sheets there was a short dark hair inside the sheets and on the top blanket there were unidentifiable stains that appeared to be body fluids ?! Obviously we did not stay in this room because it was disgusting. We were offered and shown another room that we were told that was the room that the regional manager stays in when they come to town. Once inside this room you could clearly see that someone had been laying on the bed as there were indentions in the pillows and blankets. As a walk through of this room did not seem much better then the previous room. We were assured we will have a refund but it is the weekend so we are still waiting. The real inconvenience was there were no other places to stay in town due to the festival going on in town so we had to drive all the way home. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rueredd27
megan_ann_13, General Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I am sorry that you had a bad stay with us. I assure you that our rooms are clean and are inspected daily and that we get our rooms sprayed every 2 weeks to make sure that all bugs are dead. The bug that was found in the hot tub was a dead bug. I understand this makes the room look dirty. As for the sheets I am sorry that this had happened to you but my front desk manager went to the room and there was no hair in the bed, the shower and toilet were clean and there were no dirty marks in these. After she offered to move you to a different room you say that the bed had been slept in. I am sorry ma'am but those sheets were changed that day. Again I am sorry for any inconvenience that you may had during your trip but the money has been refunded to your card. Thank you for your business and we hope that you give us another try
Destin, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I spent the night here and was very unhappy. Upon arrival the front desk clerk was very friendly and tried to be helpful but we had made reservations on phone and specified we needed lower level room but didn't get one. We spoke with manager and she acted like we were bothering her or she was too busy. She said nothing she could do. She was very young and not very professional at all. We asked to speak to her boss and she wouldn't give us the information to contact. This seemed like nobody cared except for front desk girl working and she said she couldn't change it. I thought this was the reason to make a reservation. Then we checked in room and linens are very stained and dirty looking. We asked for clean linens and it took over a hour to get anybody with those to our room. The televisions are big, old and don't even have a clear picture. The rooms are so dated. It should have been a $30.00 a night hotel. Awful experience.....

Room Tip: Different Hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ben T
I would like to start out by saying we are very sorry for any problems that you have had when staying with us. I am not quite sure what happened with your reservation but we only have 4 rooms downstairs that are two beds which I am not sure if this is what you had or not. We do our best to accommodate every bodies needs and request but sometimes we are not able to do so. I hope that you can understand that sometimes a request cannot always be met and that you give us another chance. I can guarantee that if you happen to stay with us again that your stay would be great and we would be able to give you a downstairs rooms. Thank you for your business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hillside Inn
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg
Red Roof Inn Carrollton
Red Roof Inn Carrollton
#2 of 7 in Carrollton

Been to Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area? Share your experiences!