“Okay but not as clean as I thought....”

Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We went to Madison for a class reunion the end of August. I took my baby grandson with me and we had a ground floor room. First when I had made the reservation I had done so and forgot to mention I would need a crib. So I called back and spoke to a man at the front desk. I told him I would need a crib. He said okay. When we got there, there was no note in their reservations that a crib was needed. That wasn't such a big deal because the lady behind the desk went and got one right away. There is a 10 dollar charge per night for the crib. Why? Are they sanitizing them before the next baby uses it? I should have brought my own. During our stay though, the AC smelled like it needed it's filter changed. The carpet appeared clean but the bottom of our feet were black. I have no idea what was getting on the bottom of that baby's feet but he was crawling on that floor from time to time. You know a baby puts his hands in his mouth. Needless to say that was not a good thing.We used baby wipes to clean our feet before we got into bed. We would take a shower and our feet would be black as soon as we walked around on the carpet. The room was decent, the location wasn't bad, the breakfast was also fine, as well as the price. It also had a microwave and refrigerator. I don't know if I will stay there again because of the carpet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank deidretranter220
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area

Reviewed September 15, 2011

better than average continental breakfast, clean, friendly service, some linens and bedding could be updated. less than 10 minutes from town, restaurants and shopping close, no night life. good for the money

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Your basic economical hotel. Room was clean and adequate and reasonably priced. However, the big issue I had was that they make a copy of your driver's license and credit card upon your arrival. First time I had ever been asked for my driver's license at a hotel. The problem with this is that you are set up for identity fraud as they have your personal info and file and it can be used by everyone who works there - they keep the copy in a 3 ring binder at desk. I just happened to notice this, they didn't tell me they were going to make copies. I asked for the copies back when I checked out and they obliged. Hopefully no one kept that information. Walls are thin, so if you have noisy guests in adjacent room, this might be a problem.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank MiamiTraveler33155
Reviewed October 27, 2010

the hotel was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was a bit tricky, because it is located behind several other businesses and hotels. This doesn't take away from the quality of this hotel. Once we figured out where the entrance was the 1st time we had no problems after that. The breakfast was good and the staff kept the area clean and full the whole breakfast hours. the hot tub was very nice. The rooms and bathrooms were very comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the front porch at this hotel which made for a nice meeting place while waiting on other family members.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Went here for our Anniversary weekend. Booked hot tub room special with basket, rose petals, the whole 9 yards. Got there and they said there was a problem with the internet not charging enough. They would do the special deal, but would charge me a lot more money. Did not offer to make it right even though it was not my fault! Will not stay here again. Walls are paper thin and could hear everything.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pjammer120
sgk_7, Manager at Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2010

dear pjammer 12
sorry to hear that you had a problem with the reservation. i am sorry to say but sir you had made a wrong room type reservation you had booked a celeberation suite when you had to book celebertion package . i am sorry this happen but we did offered you celebertion package but you had denied it. thank u so much for your bussiness .

management

Reviewed August 16, 2010

This hotel left a great impression for us. The lady at the Front desk was nice and knew what she was doing. Our room was clean and confortable. All that was to be expected from a nice hotel. The breakfast was much more than expected. I would have expected to pay much more for a nights stay in this type of hotel with this kind of service. The Breakfast really put it over the top. I would rate this a four star, the only reason it was not a five was the lack of a pool and the bathroom light was burned out

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2010

was very happy with our experience here. Our family reserved three rooms and stayed two nights. The rooms were very clean and nicely furnished TV, Refrigerator and Microwave. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They even baked some fresh cookies for me when I noticed the cookie tray in the lobby was empty!. I did get to use their guest computer room. Which was very quiet, private and included a printer. Also I would like to add that when I first called them to inquire about pricing and availability, the person I spoke to advised me to call Hotels.com for an even better rate than they could give me. A real bargin

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Inn Madison
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
Hampton Inn Scottsburg
#1 of 6 in Scottsburg
Holiday Inn Express Carrollton

Been to Super 8 Madison/Hanover Area? Share your experiences!