“Hidden Gem”

Amelio's on the River
Ranked #14 of 58 Restaurants in Logansport
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Description: Registered with the Indiana Historical Society, Amelio’s has been a destination in the community for 146 years. The oldest continuously-operated business in the county, Amelio’s is the perfect restaurant or bar for great food, cold brews, delicious wine & good times. Be sure to check out the high-water mark on the front door from the Great Flood of 1913 that hit the Wabash River as well as our collection of historical photographs of Cass County.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

As long as you don't let Larry scare you off (he's a little different, but once you get to know him, he makes you feel right at home - and that doesn't take long), you're in for a real treat.
Locals talk about the quality of the steaks served here, but I guess I didn't really believe them until I took that first bite. Outside dining is available as is a private "VIP" room that can be reserved. The waitresses were quick to refill my drink and were kind enough to provide tourist information to help make my visit more interesting. I've been back at least once every time I've been back in town. Unfortunately, they are closed on Sundays.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on our way home from a mini vacation. I love that it is tucked away off the beaten path. When we arrived we just stood at the door for at least 5 minutes. No one greeted us or said they would be right there. When someone did acknowledge us all they said was to seat wherever. Made us feel like it was a burden we were there. Good was okay. My husband liked his sandwich, my meatball sandwich was tasty. We got loaded nachos for an appetizer. There was very little cheese and lots if meat sauce that tasted like it was from the can. Service wasn't the best. I understand being busy but don't flop down our check as you run pass my table. This place could be really classy if some minor things were fixed.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The bartenders and wait staff made you feel like a regular even though I was from out of town. Great food and lots of local stuff on the walls to look at.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Only place in Logansport to get great beer on tap. So many selections too. They make their burgers in house--not prepackaged or frozen.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have never had any food here that I didn't lick my fingers after eating. I have never made a trip here without wanting to come back. For a small town bar by the tracks, the quality of the great food (along with an impressive beer selection and great bartenders) gives this place the feel of being in a larger city, as Indianapolis. But the hospitality of the staff and locals is what makes small town America a world like no other. The interior of the bar itself is eye candy; their meatball sandwich...oh man... An overall great place for lunch, dinner, friends, gatherings--where history meets a neighborly atmosphere and a wonderful owner who carries a knack for turning strangers into friends. Recommended.