“Good food,Reasonable price”

J's Dairy Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Liberty
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Eat at Js quite often to enjoy their sandwiches, sides, and ice cream. Excellent onion rings prices are very affordable

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Most visits to Brookville Lake requires a visit to J's for us! We have had their fried chicken, which is delicious, but we mostly go for the ice cream! Delicious!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I have to go to J's every time we come thru Liberty. We LOVE the food and the small town atmosphere. The broasted chicken in the best (fried in a pressure cooker). My husband always gets the chicken with potato wedges...juicy and flavorful. I love the double cheeseburger with a steamed bun and the waffle fries...make sure you get a side of nacho cheese to dip the fries! Of course for dessert, there is a wide variety...Flavor Blasts (like a DQ Blizzard), lots of sundaes, shakes, etc. One thing that can't be found just anywhere is the real syrup that makes their vanilla cokes or cherry cokes...maybe even be adventurous and try a chocolate or marshmallow coke! I HIGHLY recommend J's...don't miss it if you are going thru Liberty, IN!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Those of us who grew up in a small town know what this place is. Great food (try the chicken), good real ice cream, sundaes, and slushes. Not a whole lot of "healthy" choices, which is why the place is sooooo good.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Many of us grew up with a local dairy cottage in our hometown. In some ways, these simple restaurants can be more desireable than a five star establishment. They remind us of our childhood, our families, and our homes. The food is soulful and the people are real. If this is the rule, than J's Dairy Inn in Liberty, Indiana sets the bar for local dairy joints.
My wife grew up with J's. It's her version of soulfood. Twice a year or so, she'll express a craving for a J-Boy (cheeseburger) and Jo Jos (potato fries). And, when the opportunity presents itself, we'll jump in the car and drive the 20 minutes from Oxford to Liberty to feed that craving.
I, myself, am a chili-dog junkie. And, although I order a footlong coney with cheese every time I visit, the chili flavor and consistancy always falls short of my expectations. Any chili-dog pro, however, will tell you, that taste is relative. We all enjoy something a little bit different. So please, don't let this review detur you from trying a coney.
One of the joys of J's menu is the variety. I particularly enjoy their chicken livers and gizzards, especially if I can share them with someone. The orders are rather large.
The real star at J's, though, is their ice cream. People swarm to J's on hot summer days to indulge in something sweet and cold. Be prepared, though, to wait in line, especially if it's nice out.

1  Thank Patrick L

Been to J's Dairy Inn? Share your experiences!