“No working toilet, dirty, rude management”

Quality Inn & Suites Lebanon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed June 29, 2012

AVOID! Toilet did not flush. Room smelled like lockerroom, dirty. Night employee studying. Day Mgr became angry, intimidating when I said the toilet was not working. He said it was my fault for using too much toilet paper --- not the case. I was treated like the enemy, not a customer. A working toilet, cleanliness and courtesy are required to meet minimum requirements. A rating of "1" is an overstatement. This hotel and management are worthy of a "0." Steve Joyce, CEO and Undercover Boss on 6/29/12, should visit this hotel, close it, clean it, and hire new management.

Room Tip: Stay at other nice options nearby.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We recently stayed here midweek on our travels. Again, we had used a discount coupon from a travel booklet since our first experience in Springfield Ohio was quite nice. This time, not as nice.
The young man at check-in was more interested in doing his homework and wasn't as capable pulling up our information in the computer; however we appreciated the immediately removal of the 'safe charge' when we said that we weren't going to use it. No elevator in building, so one has to take luggage up the curved flight of stairs.

We stayed in room 211 and had plenty of inside space. We had an odd view from the window - a fireworks store. We brought in a sandwich and ate at the table in the room. I did have to go down to get a hair conditioner since that wasn't stocked in the bathroom. We slept fine and went downstairs the next morning for a breakfast that was so-so. It was hard finding anyone around when we needed help with a juice machine that didn't work, a mess in the microwave and just a general refilling of food products (like coffee).
There was lots of new furniture in plastic laying around waiting to be installed, so they are obviously in the middle of a remodel. We did not notice any bad odors and had a little trouble with allergies with the windows open in the dining area. No one used the indoor pool while we were there either. This room had the coffee maker on the far end of the vanity in the bathroom (almost within reach of the toilet) which seems like a very odd place for it.

We left our keys inside the room and walked out never seeing anyone as we left. The value was ok since we spent ~ $66 before taxes. Probably we will not stay there again unless the remodeling is complete and ratings get better.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at for the price I paid. Upon check in, staff behind the desk said I had 30 minutes to decide if the room was clean enough before he charged me for the night. I SHOULD HAVE LEFT. The lobby smells like a sweaty locker room and all the lights in the lobby were off and it was dark and uninviting. The indoor pool area was cluttered and dirty. The hide away sofa sleeper had no sheets or blanket and when I asked for them at the front desk I was told by Nick that they don't have any extra blankets and I would have to pull the blankets off my bed to share. After I threatened to get the manager he went to another room and pulled the sheets and blanket out of there. He did not understand why I was mad that after paying over $100 to stay there I expected a blanket in the room. Shower head does not function and hot water shut off for 20 minutrs for no reason. This hotel is being held together with band aids and makes me NEVER want to stay at a Choice Hotel again.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2012

There was no hotel around because of The super bowl this was The only left, i would never Ever stay There again, people didnt help with anything bags, internet didnt work, place smelled terrible, one day we got There and The receptionist was in a couch with his feet on a table, i couldnt sleep that night.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I used a red book discount coupon and they sent me to the last room with no wifi signal and for move to another room they asked for 10dlls more because the coupon. There's an Econolodge 300 ft away, is much better than this hotel, also, is cheaper Only 42.99.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here two nights for Purdue Homecoming. Traveling with my wife and my son's family. Lobby was full of new mattresses and furniture boxes. We were given rooms 115 & 116. These rooms had been redone. Mattresses and bedding appeared to be new. Looked for soil or stains in drawers and behind beds, found none. Bath was clean with plenty of towels. Could hear sounds of movement from above, but nothing beyond normal. Breakfast is basic, but was quickly resupplied and typical for this class. Pool was clean and well cared for. Clients were families and Purdue fans. I was highly apprehensive due to previous reviews, but we had two restful nights here. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Last minute stay at this hotel and all I can say is average. We only stayed one night and before we checked out housekeeping was in our room cleaning. I didn't appreciate this considering we it was only 9:30 and check out wasn't till 11:00. I'm very upset by this because we were right next store our room at the pool watching our kids swim when my husband noticed they were in our room and all our personal items were out in the open. So if you plan on staying here make sure you don't leave anything in room such as purse or wallet even if you just step out of the room for a minute.

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crawfordsville
Ramada Limited Crawfordsville
Ramada Limited Crawfordsville
#5 of 9 in Crawfordsville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Lebanon? Share your experiences!