“Slow Service, So-So Food and Value” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Diner, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Waitstaff
Xenia, Ohio
“Slow Service, So-So Food and Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

It took about 10 minutes just to get our drinks (& refills when we asked for them). Restaurant was only about 1/4 full, but it took over 20 minutes for us to get our meals. Employees were having loud conversations with each other across the restaurant--one about going out and drinking beer on Thursday night. My recommendation is to go to the next (or previous, depending on the way you are traveling) exit -- #140 -- and go to Denny's.

• Visited June 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVED IT !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was my first time ever in a huddle house and i had an amazing experience ! It was lunch time so the place was somewhat busy , i was greeted and found a booth . My server got my food correct and it was warm and delicous. When i travel to chicago i will always make sure to stop here from now on , they need to put more huddle house in flying j and take out dennys ! The service was great , my red head service was a joy with her bubbly attitude and not only was nice and attentive to our table but everyone else when they werent even her customers . Keep up the good work huddle house i will be back . i high recommend !

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank carol g
Lebanon, IN
“Please don't go......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

OK...well we are locals in Lebanon and thought we would finally try out Huddle House.....well first we were not greeted so we just sat down. Typically this is not a problem, but I guess one server must have had the tables up front so she had all the business. Problem is that she could not handle it. She should really share the business, as other waitresses only had a few tables. You notice this after you wait a long time. First ordered just water with no ice, got water with ice. Took a long time just to order because she had to many tables going. Even the table next to us got up to get another waitress to assist. Of course our busy waitress barked at her because that was not her table, but she was just trying to assist the customer. When we ordered we asked for extra gravy on the biscuits, but it did not appear to have extra so we had to ask another waitress to get us a dish of extra. Then in trying our hash browns they tasted like pure salt - inedible. Our waitress disappeared, so again had to ask another waitress for assistance to get a replacement hash brown. When our waitress did come by to ask if everything was ok and to drop off the check I started to inform her of the situation, but she was so busy she just went to the next table assuming I was going to say everything was ok. When I looked at the check she had charged us for two coffee's we did not order. Still no hashbrowns. Ok time to seek out a manager. I did discuss this with the store manager whom informed me that they have been having problems in the restaurant due to not having a morning manager.....
So she did go back to fix the check to take off the coffee's, and I hoped to possibly credit us due to not having edible hash browns, but no - she just took off the coffee's. Ok not how I would handle a legitimate bad experience, but that's the way she handled it and I left it as such. During this time they did bring the hash browns, but we where more then done....Sooooo there you have it.

• Visited March 2014