“Basic and classic.”

Cuisines: American
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Bob Evans sits squarely between the extremes of fast food and diner-type food. So it's kind of chain-y but things come on real plates. And the quality of the food is generally better than what you'll find at places like IHOP or Denny's.

Son had the grilled cheese for breakfast (he was on a grilled cheese kick that week), and I had some sort of "light" Bob Evans breakfast that consisted of fairly good scrambled egg substitute, fresh fruit, and a turkey sausage link. All nice and fresh. Also, I had brought my own decaf tea bag and asked for some hot water. They brought a mugful plus a carafe and didn't charge for the hot water, which was a nice surprise.

What it may lack in the character/quirkiness of a family-owned restaurant, it makes up for in reliability.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My sister-in-law's mother, Lois is 92 yrs old, and love's this restaurant. I rarely eat out, but I like the down home cooking that I find in this restaurant chain. When sick last year, I remembered that Bob Evan's had chicken and noodles. I did not have to go to Lebanon, cause there was a restaurant on the west side of Indianapolis. Their chicken and noodles was what the doctor ordered.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have been to this restaurant multiple number of times (more than ten times, I'd say). The food is like any other Bob Evans restaurant. The service has generally been competent. Perhaps sometimes it's merely acceptable, but I've never had a bad time there because of the staff. The last time I was there, I was very warmly welcomed. The host and the waiter, both relatively young, tried their best to make me feel at home, and they succeeded. The waiter was efficient, fast, courteous, and attentive to my dietary needs. I left with a smile, even though I'm usually not a fan of this sort of Midwestern niceness and family-oriented atmosphere. I do believe I'll keep going back there until I get a bad experience.

Now if only I can get the Bob Evans franchise to cut down on the sugar, carbs, and fat in their offerings...

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We were going to see a friend in that moved out here while visiting from out of state. We tried to stop in for breakfast. We waits at the hostess stand for more than ten minutes without being even acknowledged. We really can't review food as we finally realized it was not going to be a good experience and left. Apparently this is the norm here. We told our friend when we saw her, she laughed and said, " oh hon it's always that way, we don't go there".

Reviewed August 17, 2012

food is nice down home cooking..... and friendly staff just like mm would make and a good va;lue with many choices

Been to Bob Evans? Share your experiences!