“C'est Merveilleux!”

Dining options: Reservations
Old Tappan, New Jersey
“C'est Merveilleux!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Is it possibe to get haute French cuisine in the middle of rural Boone County, Indiana? Yes, it is thanks to Candace Winter and Kerry Even of the Bijou! The food continues to be excellent. I have had the coq au vin as well as the pork tenderloin medallions for dinner and the lobster feuillete is a wonderful appetizer. There are some nice wines to accompany the food and Kerry, who serves as maitre d'hotel, and Phillippe, on the wait staff, are friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is pleasant. If you go, I am sure you will enjoy it.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ephman54

Lebanon, IN
“The BEST!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We love, love, love Bijou. Great food and wonderful atmosphere. The owners are friendly and Philippe the waiter is great! A real "jewel" in a small town like Lebanon. Surpasses many restaurants in Indianapolis.

Visited August 2012
Wesr Lafayette, IN
“Tranuil dining indeed.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was reading some of the recent reviews and I was struck with daktari_sw's comment about most tranquil dining. After our recent family outing to the Bijou, we all agreed. We went on a weeknight and essentially had the place to ourselves. The service by Cary and Phillipe is attentive, but not annoying. The ambience is peaceful and inviting. The food is consistently well prepared and served in a most appealing manner. My only suggestion would be for a wild idea to completely revamp the menu and do some totally new and different offerings. Out with the old and in with the new. Bon Apetit!

• Visited August 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“very enjoyable experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife went here to celebrate our anniversary (this was our 3rd time to Bijou). We had very high expectations and overall those high expectations were met. The service is always very attentive. We had both the owner and main server serve us throughout the meal. Also the restaurant has a great atmosphere. The tables are not right on top of each other, the booths are wooden and very cozy.

As we love our wine, the wine process is usually a very important start to the meal. Overall the wine list is not large but they have some very reasonably priced bottles in the low $20s to a couple hundred. We were able to taste the wine prior to purchasing a bottle which was a nice touch plus they decanted the wine which was also very nice and lead to a nice start to the meal. Plus another very nice thing is that all their bottles are served at a nice cellar temperature and their wine fridges are throughout the dining area.

We had the french onion soup and spinach salad as appetizers both of which were very good. For entrees we got the lamb which were perfectly cooked and the pinot noir reduction sauce was very nice. Also the portion size of the lamb was huge so we definitely felt we got our money's worth. The sides were a potato au gratin, spinach & broccoli. The first two were very nice. The broccoli was cold as was the sauce over the broccoli so it was almost an after thought and I wish it wasn't even on the plate. While I wanted to mention this it did not in any way change our opinion on the meal or restaurant as you can tell from the rest of our review.

We also got the pot of chocolate as dessert. It was fine but definitely nothing spectacular (I would describe it as gourmet chocolate pudding). When I read "pot" I was expecting it to be warm but it wasn't. We almost got the crume brulee and that is what we will get next time.

We would definitely recommend Bijou for anybody wanting a very nice meal when celebrating a special occassion. We will continue coming to Bijou on future celebratory days.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jzstldc
Zionsville, Indiana
“Such a great restaurant”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My husband and I just dined at Bijou tonight. Had an amazing time. Philippe, our host/waiter, was so great and offered great advice on the menu options. The food was very good (we each had fish entrees). The dessert was AMAZING, do not leave without getting the Creme Brûlée and/or the Raspberry Mousse (we had both). Also the French wine menu was great too! We would definitely recommend this restaurant and will definitely come here again.

• Visited May 2012