“Quality”

Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Lebanon
Description: Phone: (765) 482-3574
Description: Phone: (765) 482-3574
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great for downtown dining. I have only had lunch and it has always been top notch. Sandwiches are fresh and made to order. Cozy seating, not pushy and great merchandise for purchase.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love finding places like the Fig Tree Cafe. It's local, it's in the old part of town, and it has a menu filled with simple but creative soups, sandwiches, and baked goods. There's a nice selection of merchandise, and the staff had no problem with my party of two spending the better part of two hours at our table, conversing.

I found the location because I was searching for a place halfway between my home and my mother's where we could meet for lunch. I suspect we'll meet were with regularity- there's enough variety and hometown feeling to make us happy to do so!

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

this experience was not up to my last review here. when i asked if they could 'kick-up' the greek sandwich for me the guy at the counter said no, its perfect the way he designed it. totally different from last experience when the young lady suggested that they could add or drop ingredients upon request. the food was still good. but personal interaction left a little to be desired.

1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've been to the Fig Tree a couple of times, and each time they've always had a couple of new sandwiches added to their list with their creative and catchy titles. Everything's healthy and fresh and the couple running it is genuine and kind. Love going to the fig tree and every sandwich I've had there has been delicious. If you haven't been there yet, it's a place to try!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were on the road scanning trip advisor for healthy choices for lunch and found the fig tree cafe in lebanon, indiana. the cafe is located on the east side of the town square just off of IN 32 and IN 39 and a short distance from I65. It's cozy with just a few tables in two small rooms. We felt comfortable & welcome as soon as we walked in and up to the counter. The menu is displayed above and behind the counter. Bethany was very helpful in assisting us through our selection process.
They have an almost overwheming slection of veggie and/or vegan sandwiches (as well as many meat selections), four different soups (3 vegie) and a choice of 3 different salds in either large or small.
I decided on the small spicy bean chili ($3) and the "the chuck norris" ($5, cheddar, pepper jack, avocado, onion, jalapenos, bacon, shredded cabbage, ranch, spicy BBQ sauce). my companion selected the small cheesey harvest potato soup ($3) and the "the wild northwood" ($6 roasted pork loin, blueberry BBQ sauce, onion, swiss, lettuce on a pretzel bun). All totaled $18 inclding 2 bags of chips, and ice tea and water with re-fills.
the chili had a kick to it but that did not dominate the soup. the chili was very good but could not compete with my sandwich. the toasted ingredients generated incredible flavor with the sauce leading the way. the potato soup was good as well but again could not compete with the pork loin sandwich. the bluebeery sauce was a perfect marriage to the juicey pork.
we opted for the rocky road brownie from an offering of several deserts. it was incredibly good. very moist and rich flavor.
we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Bethany and Levi seem to be invested in a labor of love and it comes through.
The fig tree cafe offers a great lunch opportunity to hundreds of cars who pass by Lebanon on I65.

Been to Fig Tree Cafe? Share your experiences!