“Great place for families and church groups”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Great place for families and church groups”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I brought a church group of 19 for the weekend and found the accommodations very good. Amanda at the front desk was kind, efficient, and helpful from the time I made our reservations to the time we checked out. No problems whatsoever, however I wish this place had a meeting room conducive to large groups. Breakfast was as advertised and overall, this CI met our needs.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms are mixed among smoking rooms and the smell drifts into the hallways. Once inside...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LisaWood_12
gm-in171, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
We appreciate your comments as well as the opportunity you gave us to accommodate your group. It is always a pleasure having groups stay with us. It is unfortunate that we do not have a designated meeting room but we do welcome group to meet in our lobby area at anytime except during breakfast hours. We do have a few non-smoking rooms on our third floor which mostly contains smoking rooms. As you've mentioned, the hallway does sometimes smell a little like smoke, but there are specific rooms that are completely non-smoking. We hope you will be able to come back and stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I made reservations for New Years Eve and was told I had to cancel by Christmas Eve. When I called to cancel, they informed me it was too late, I had to cancel by 4pm. I called at 5:30pm. I was never given a time limit and informed them of that. They didn't care. They said they would investigate the phone call but it would take 7-10 days, which would be too late to help me. The manager never came to the phone and never returned our phones calls. She did however call the police when my brother caught an employee lying to him about who the manager was and if she was there. He was threatened by the police not to call the hotel again. When we called Choice Priviledges they told us we had to get our phone records to prove we even called on Christmas Eve. (I called them to cancel the reservations the first time.) This is the absolute poorest customer service I have ever dealt with. I have told everyone I work with and family members who say they can't believe a company would behave in this manner. I do not recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone. I don't know if I will deal with other Comfort Inn hotels since I have never had an experience like this before and we were always happy with the other hotels we stayed in. This has left a sour taste in my mouth and I don't know if I can trust Choice Privileges again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terri K
Thank you for your feedback regarding your attempt to cancel your reservation. You had made your reservation through a third party website. We have a 7 day cancellation policy on New Year's Eve which allows guests to cancel or make any changes up until 4pm on December 24th. You'd attempted to cancel after the deadline and the Assistant Manager did return your call within a day or two of your original call to cancel the reservation. Management did also choose to call the police after numerous phone calls from your and your brother harassing the front desk staff. We attempt to work with all of our guests but do not expect or allow our employees to be harassed, yelled at, cursed at, or verbally abused while at work. We do not talk in those ways to our guests and customers, and we believe our employees should be treated in a similar manner.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2011

had a great time, the staff were friendly, however the floor reeked of smoke, someone had used the ice machine as an ashtray. The blinds didn't close and the parking lot lights shown directly into the room.

The location is remote, car needed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
We appreciate your comments and feedback. We are constantly trying to improve and better understanding our guest's experience and observations is the best way to make that happen. We do have one smoking floor, while our other two floors are completely non-smoking. We do run an ozone machine on the smoking floor daily and in all of our smoking rooms on a regular basis. All of our smoking rooms come with two ashtrays so it is quite regrettable someone found our ice machine to be a easier option. Our staff is quite efficient at addressing any cleanliness issues as soon as they are brought to our attention. Many of our guests comment about the friendliness of our staff, from the housekeepers, to our breakfast hostess, and our front desk staff as well. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the parking lot lights shining into your room. All of our rooms have blackout curtains. If they were not working properly, you could have called the front desk who would have either attempted to fix them or given you a different room. We like being informed of problems because that gives us a chance to fix the situation for our current and future guests to make every stay more enjoyable.
Danville, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I thought I had made reservations for 2 nights on-line; however, I had only booked one night by mistake. After a late night, we were awakened by hotel staff and told we needed to get out of the room immediately with no reason given at the time. I thought there had been a mistake with our reservation. I called front desk and the manager informed me we needed to get out of the room immediately. She stated the room had been reserved for one night only. The manager was extremely rude, so I stated I would go to my vehicle to check the reservation. When I checked the reservation I had made a mistake and only booked the room for one night. I proceeded to get my things together to leave the room and go to the front desk to see about getting another room. Before I could get out of the room the local police had arrived to evict me from my room. What an embarrassment, this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will never stay at this companies motels ever again. I would advise the same unless you like being treated like a criminal for a honest mistake. This is not guest service, but an insult to a good paying customer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank James R
gm-in171, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
We would like to apologize about the situation that occurred during your recent stay. As we both agree, your reservation was only made for one day. Our policy is that if a guest does not come down to the front desk by check out time, we first attempt to call the room and then if no one answers, we'll send an employee to physically knock on the door and check the room to see if it still occupied. The employee would have told you that it was after check out time and that you would have needed to leave the room so that the housekeepers could clean it. Someone else had a reservation for that same room type for that day. They had made their reservation a few months in advance. The room you were staying in is our largest room, and there is only one room of that type. When you called down to the front desk and the manager became aware of the situation and that you had wanted to stay a second night, she did try to offer to change you to a different room. The person who she was speaking to on the phone started yelling and cussing at the manager and didn't seem to want to listen to any options we tried to offer. The manager tried calling your room again, but no one answered. No one responded when a hotel employee knocked again on the door to try to talk to you about the situation. As a result of the failure for someone to answer the phone or communicate with the hotel staff and because the hotel staff didn't feel safe because of the verbally abusive response, the police were called. We are sorry that this situation turned out the way it did, and would have been more than happy to work with you and help you spend another night with us.
Tennessee, USA
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Our room was very tired. There was a hole in the curtain and the bedspread was dated. It feels like this is a property on the decline. There was a good selection of stations on the TV. The lady who took care of breakfast was really nice. When we come back to visit the Creation Museum with our grandchildren, we will probably stay at another property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RobTennessee_USA
gm-in171, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Thank you for your comments. Customer feedback is very important to us as we continuously want to improve. We are actually getting ready to update the linens and bedding in our rooms. We recognize that they are not spring chickens anymore and we are going to be putting them into a forced retirement. We have also recently performed thorough deep cleaning and carpet cleaning on all our rooms which we do multiple times a year. We have many guests who go to the Creation Museum and hope that you would consider staying at our hotel again. We're mailing you a letter that will offer you a discounted rate on a future stay. We hope you'll give us another chance to offer you a place to stay while visiting the Creation Museum.
Seymour, Indiana
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel was very clean, quiet, and includes a full breakfast yet is right off I275 which circles Cincinnati. The Creation Museum is about 5 min. to the south (allow 4 hrs for this wonderful visit), Continue on around I275, the Hofbrauhous Restaurant is another 20 minute drive. On our 2nd day, we drove toward the northside to IKEA, Jungle Jim (WOW!), and finished our visit at Outdoor World. A "secret" is the free Thursday night concerts on the river in Lawrenceburg featuring local bands. The night we were there the 70's music was being featured. Just down river in Aurora is the Applewood Restaurant. We enjoyed sitting out on the patio watching all the activity on the river. Live Sax music on a Wed. evening was an added plus to our very tasty and enjoyable meal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are conveniently located right off 275 and are on the outskirts of Lawrenceburg Indiana, right next door to a LaRosas Pizzeria and Greendale Cinema. We have had numerous guests who go to the Creation Museum, even some from other countries and are glad you enjoyed your time there as well as at our hotel. The free concerts you mentioned, are sponsored by the city of Lawrenceburg and occur every Thursday from May through September.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 20, 2011

It is what it is. Pricey on the weekends. Close to the casino and interstate. Casino shuttle will pick up for free.

Very large rooms, but the furnishings are scarce and not luxurious in any way.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very close, less than a mile from Hollywood Casino. The casino even sponsors a free shuttle on Friday and Saturday evenings. You can ask Hollywood or the front desk staff for more information about Hollywood's shuttle. We do have two taxi companies in the area as well that are open 24 hours a day. Our weekend rates are higher than our weekday rates, but much lower than the $300 the casino charges for a typical Saturday night. We are comparable with the other hotels in town on our weekend rates. We are a Comfort Inn & Suites, so our rooms are rather large. In regards to our furnishings, we have been and will be continuing to upgrade and improve our rooms. As of December 2011, all of our rooms have a minimum of a 32” flat screen TV. We even have a DVD player available at the front desk if you'd like to watch movies in your room. Feel free to come to the front desk and get some popcorn for your movie night. We will soon be upgrading and replacing all of our bedding and are working on replacing the other furnishings in our rooms as well. Thank you again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!