“great food”

Dining options: Reservations
Crown Point, Indiana
“great food”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

the food at Whisky's is great and lots of choices. Had a good steak with great drink choices. Nice dinning experience

Visited January 2014

Greenhills, Ohio, United States
“Not what it used to be :(”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Our first date was at this restaurant. So of course our anniversary is celebrated there. This year we made our reservations more than a week ahead, asking for the Mail Room, which is a table surrounded by walls and glass, very quaint. We arrived right on time, however the mail room was in use, we were asked did we have to be seated in the mail room? I replied that is why we made reservations for that room, so we were asked to have a seat at the bar. Which we did, we ordered and the mixed drinks were good. Finally we were seated in the mail room, which normally is rather isolated from the sounds of the restaurant and you can talk. Our waiter acted as if we were putting him to a great deal of trouble, we asked for a moment to look over the menu, as we had not been there in a year. He sighed, said ok, do you want any appetizers? Let us look at the menu for a few minutes. My husband kept trying to be nice to the young man, which is not the norm, and he was rather rude to us. He finally returned to take our order so we ordered our appetizers, our drinks did not need to be refreshed, and asked him to give us a bit more time to order our meal while we awaited the appetizer. He left, and finally returned to take our dinner order. Well the appetizer and dinner arrived at almost the same time, I had not finished chewing the first bite of my appetizer, when our dinner arrived. Im guessing they were put in at the same time? I ordered the sea bass, the outside crust was charred on both sides, my husband's pasta was mushy! However, the peanut slaw still rocks. I love the atmosphere, and of course the sentiment, but clearly the food and the service do not live up to previous years! We are not sure we will celebrate our next anniversary there.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Joanne H
“Not what it was ”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Still a good place to eat but not what it was 10 years ago. To me it's one of those places if you ask me to go I would go, but I wouldn't go cause I wanted to

Union, Kentucky, USA
“Great Food at Reasonable price”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We make the trip over to Whisky's from KY for the best ribs on both sides of the Ohio River. Their dinner specials (two entrees and an appetizer to share) for $39 can't be beat. Great bar and service. You will not be disappointed.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ron P
Madison, Indiana
“Whisky's could be your cup of tea!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was one of a group of fifteen that had lunch reservations at 11:30 AM on a Wednesday. We were the only ones there for awhile, but the place was nearly filled when we left an hour and a half later. We were promptly seated and were served by two efficient waitresses. The atmosphere was really nice...there are several dining rooms, and we were in what looked like a "garden room." Our orders were promptly taken and appetizers and drinks arrived quickly, with main courses following soon after. Great service. Some of us ordered the restaurant's "Signature Side," Peanut Slaw. It is simply a creamy slaw covered with pulverized peanuts. If you like both of these ingredients you should like this. I had a Turkey Pesto Melt, open-faced on two pieces of chewy bread. It was ok, but I was disappointed that it tasted kind of bland...couldn't taste the pesto. Quite a few others had the meatloaf with whisky glaze and mashed potatoes. Everyone said it was ok, but there were no raves. Some in our group said it didn't compare favorably with the same dish at another restaurant we had visited which used a bourbon glaze on the meatloaf.
All in all, a nice place, even a good place....but for many of us, who drove for an hour to get there, probably not worth returning very often.

• Visited November 2013