“Absolutely the worst food I've ever eaten in a restaurant”

Whisky's Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Lawrenceburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This restaurant is so darn cute and the food is so horrific that I had to write to let people know so that the lovely setting will not draw you in. The food is like eating a healthy choice. I was invited so I did not want to embarrass my host but I was really disappointed first of all in the menu. Then the service was slow and I mean SLOW. The menu was so limited that I just ordered meatloaf and mashed potatoes because really, how can you ruin that. Well, let me tell you. The meatloaf tasted like a prefab that was covered in some pre-bottled disgusting sweet sauce and the mashed potatoes were prefab. I ordered veggies on the said which, I'm not making this up, consisted of 4 oil soaked pea pods, one piece of oil soaked zucchini over sticky disgusting wild rice (wild rice was not even mentioned with the mixed vegetables). I would have done much, much, much better eating at McDonalds.

1  Thank Emilydickinson1

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant. The food is ALWAYS wonderful. We always get the ribs which you can eat with a fork. They are so tender with that nice caramelized sauce. Mmmmm. Also the bbq potato skins and peanut cole slaw. Never disappointed. Great atmosphere in an old building in historic Lawrenceburg.

1  Thank savvycade
Reviewed June 29, 2012

dark restaurant, steak was good, minutes from hollywood casino

1  Thank kimeann66
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We are frequent diners here and as far as we are concerned, there is no other place to go for ribs. We've been spoiled by the great ribs at Whisky's and any others just can't compare.

1  Thank BrightLady
Reviewed May 16, 2012

On the weekend of Mother's Day, after waiting for an hour at a nearby restaurant and being told the kitchen was overwhelmed and they still didn't know when they could seat us, my family walked out and found our way to Whisky's. Best restaurant choice we've made in a while!

Though the restaraunt was crowded and we did not have a reservation, we were seated within minutes (a big deal with two small children in tow).

Service was fantastic - drinks always full, kids food came out with the apetizers like we asked, our server and others contantly checked on us to clear away the debris created by small kids, etc.

As an appetizer we had the onion ring tower. The rings were perfectly cooked - cruchy and not greasy, best I've had in a long time. For dinner, my wife and I both had ribs with a smoked potato (baked potato cooked in a smoker to give it a smoky flavor). They were excelllent. The bread before the meal was very good too - some kind of cracked rye. Kids meals were reasonably priced and had good portion sizes. The chicken fingers and the spaghetti and red sauce were both tasty.

We saw people ordering dessert, and they too looked incredivble, but there was no way we could have eaten another bite.

A great experience - we will definitely be back. The friendly staff added to an already great evening.

1  Thank Need2TravelMuchMore