“Hollywood Casino Makes Us Feel Like Stars”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Argosy Casino and Hotel
Ranked #36 of 62 Restaurants in Lawrenceburg
Cuisines: American
Indianapolis
“Hollywood Casino Makes Us Feel Like Stars”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We really look forward to our occasional trips to the Hollywood, especially when we can stay overnight. Their rooms are spacious, comfortable, & always clean, with just-right beds. From the Front Desk to the Housekeeping staff, they strive to make their guests feel welcome & appreciated. We have never encountered a surly employee here, which is rare just about anywhere. A plus is the complimentary coffee bar in the lobby, which includes flavored syrups--something that any weary gambler would enjoy.

Visited July 2014

Cincinnati
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Low slot payout, discontinued comps for loyal gamers. Take ear plugs. Music is so loud your ears bleed.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kathy W
Harrison, Ohio
“now hollywood”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have been here several times its a beautiful casino, hotel is very nice. If you like gambling you must go and have big fun..maybe you will win too

Visited March 2012
1 Thank kimeann66
Hamilton, Ohio
“Save your money for the games.”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was the worst buffet I have ever eaten. The fried chicken reminded me of that frozen chicken you can buy at the store, the fried pork chops were dried out and crumbled and broke when I tried cutting it. The steaks were any thing but tender. Our server was really nice and kept our glasses filled and was there for any of our needs.

• Visited June 2012
Covington, KY
“Not as good as when the casino was called Argosy.”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I don't go to the Hollywood Casino very often, even though it's close to home. I go there even less for the buffet. A few years ago I went a couple of times before the casino was rebranded and I thought it was pretty good. I went last summer while the buffet area was undergoing renovations and I thought the buffet was not all that great. I went back today for the Easter buffet thinking it had to be better now that the renovations were complete and any bugs had been worked out. I was looking forward to the prime rib. I should have gone to Golden Corral and saved some money. The renovation has made the seating areas all the same, where before there were some differences between seating areas. The new look is very bland, kind of like a Denny's. The food was so-so. The prime rib was just bad. The carvers were inexperienced. One guy hardly knew how to hold the meat while he carved ("sawed" would be the better word). I'm not a fan of rare meat but I've come to like rare prime rib. I don't like raw meat and this looked raw. I asked for a piece from the other end and it was well done - so well done it was hard to cut - or maybe the knife was too dull. In any event, it wasn't worth the $22.99 I paid for my meal. The rest of the buffet was hit or miss. The carved ham (again with the inexperienced carver) was dry. However, the grill pork chop was pretty good, as was the pot roast. I also liked the roasted butternut squash. Everything else was just OK. Except the desserts. The oreo cheese cake and the bread pudding were delicious. There are other options for dinner outside the casino that would probably be better tasting than the buffet, and they'll be cheaper, too.

• Visited April 2012