“worst indiana casino”

Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Dockside riverboat casino offers up more than 74,000 square feet of casino gaming including 2,000 slots and 97 table games.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I and friends went to Hollywood Casino over the weekend. We have been there 4 or 5 times thinking we would at least break even. It is the tightest casino we have ever been to. You would think that you would win a little, but the slots and video poker eat your money. There were not many people gambling there. I can see why. The pay table on video poker was the worst it could be. I would advise gamblers not to go to Hollywood go anywhere else.
We also went to the buffet and it was not good. We won't go back again.

4  Thank sue s

Reviewed September 18, 2013

In the past we visited Argosy and then Hollywood when it first was purchased. It was nice then. Now it is run down and there is smoking. The bottom level is for non smokers but the machines are very dated and had many broken buttons. Not appealing at all. The hotel room was nice and it was comped for us but not really worth the trip.

2  Thank Tess306
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Casino was clean. We went into the smoking part of the Casino, and it was so well ventilated you didn't notice it. The Epic Buffet food was only so-so. Way overpriced for what you get. Very friendly staff all around the Casino make you feel at home. If you haven't been before, sign up for a rewards card right away and you buy one/get one free on the buffet (approx. $27 value).

1  Thank Debi L
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a good time, but they have cut the comps way back. We requested a room the time before this, and we were told they were all booked up. We then made a reservation for Belterra (with no problem), but decided to go to Hollywood first to use our comped slot play. The place was dead...wonder where all the people were that booked the rooms?? There are a lot of new slot games. Not sure if we'll be going back very often...

2  Thank pamky53
Reviewed August 22, 2013

After spending countless $,$$$'s at Hollywood over the years (going 8-10 x year), Hollywood dropped my slot play comp from $125-$150 to zero in one month. Also stopped sending dining and room comps. I have only a few other times asked for a comp room but was declined for a weeknight in August. Not likely all 275 rooms were booked. Subsequently I called Belterra. Even tho I have only been there once this year (and left a winner by the way), I was immediately offered 2 nights comp room, 2 coupons for 2 free buffets.

Hollywood is certainly convenient and they have a few fun slots, but their marketing team is sadly mistaken if they think they can lure loyal customers back by terminating comps. Who doesn't spend more than the comps anyway?

Also, who comes alone most of the time? No one. So Hollywood lost not one loyal patron, but the three other people I used to bring with me. Grateful for other gaming options in the area to entertain my friends. It's much more fun when you win once in awhile anyway. Let's see, between me and my friends Hollywood has lost ~ $10k a year by being too stingy to provide one comp room. We won't be patronizing Hollywood again.

6  Thank Kathy W