“Need better comps”

Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Dockside riverboat casino offers up more than 74,000 square feet of casino gaming including 2,000 slots and 97 table games.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a good time, but they have cut the comps way back. We requested a room the time before this, and we were told they were all booked up. We then made a reservation for Belterra (with no problem), but decided to go to Hollywood first to use our comped slot play. The place was dead...wonder where all the people were that booked the rooms?? There are a lot of new slot games. Not sure if we'll be going back very often...

2  Thank pamky53

Reviewed August 22, 2013

After spending countless $,$$$'s at Hollywood over the years (going 8-10 x year), Hollywood dropped my slot play comp from $125-$150 to zero in one month. Also stopped sending dining and room comps. I have only a few other times asked for a comp room but was declined for a weeknight in August. Not likely all 275 rooms were booked. Subsequently I called Belterra. Even tho I have only been there once this year (and left a winner by the way), I was immediately offered 2 nights comp room, 2 coupons for 2 free buffets.

Hollywood is certainly convenient and they have a few fun slots, but their marketing team is sadly mistaken if they think they can lure loyal customers back by terminating comps. Who doesn't spend more than the comps anyway?

Also, who comes alone most of the time? No one. So Hollywood lost not one loyal patron, but the three other people I used to bring with me. Grateful for other gaming options in the area to entertain my friends. It's much more fun when you win once in awhile anyway. Let's see, between me and my friends Hollywood has lost ~ $10k a year by being too stingy to provide one comp room. We won't be patronizing Hollywood again.

6  Thank Kathy W
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Hollywood Casino appears to be slowing down. We visited from Ohio for a late Thursday evening of gaming and fun. The Casino was not so busy, but we expected that, since it was a mid-week work night. We took off work on Friday, so that we could play into the early morning hours. We live 2 hours North.
I three hours of steady play, my wife and I only noticed a cocktail waitress 3 times in the Video Poker area.
Since the crowd was light, we could easily move from machine to machine, but I found many of the machines with drink cups and dirty ash trays sitting everywhere between them. It seem like no one is cleaning up the place. Maybe due to reduced staff or smaller crowds.
We visit here a few times per year, but we are in no hurry to go back to Hollywood.

5  Thank Ricky S
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel rooms have been renovated with comfortable beds and beddings and furniture. The coffeemakers have been taken out of the rooms but there is free coffee in the main lobby. The hotel is on one side of the complex and the casino the other side so there is lots of walking. In the casino there are two levels and the lower level is non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted in the hotel only in the casino. Valet parking is only $3.00. Special note: ask for a room opposite the trainside which can be very noisy coming through.

1  Thank Cheri W
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here two nights comped. We never have been turned down for room weekdays. The hotel is not large so it does fill up on weekends. Hotel rooms have been renovated with new furniture and carpet. Staff in the hotel was pleasant and professional. There are no fridges or coffeemakers in the rooms but there is complimentary coffee in the lobby round the clock. It is an extended walk to the casino but it is completely indoors. The huge casino is a "boat" as required by Indiana law, but it never leaves the dock and you can in no way detect it is a boat from inside. Once in the casino you have your choice of machines and tables on two levels. Gambling here is about as good as most casinos down the river but better than nearby Horseshoe in Cincinnati.Beverage stations throughout the facility offer self serve complimentary drinks as well as cocktail servers on the floor. Dining options vary from simple quick sandwich shop to steakhouse to cafe style grill food. Don't forget the buffet. The lunch and dinner buffet is available every day but brunch is only weekends. Really good quality food low cost or free with Marquee rewards card. Lots of entrees and extensive desert selection.

1  Thank Frank C