“As always best place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel

Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Cocoa, Florida
“As always best place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Love this place! It's clean. The staff is friendly. They have made some upgrades since the last time we stayed and the hotel is beautiful. Our room was on the south corner a little noisy but I still enjoyed the stay. I would suggest taking advantage if the night club while you visit. Great atmosphere.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susanabowling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

This place really amaze's me...The room was cleaner then last time, the staff was even friendly, and the buffet, well what can I say, EXCELLENT !... The food was just great... I highly recommend Hollywood Casino if your in the neighborhood.. You will also enjoy Lawrenceburg, especially in the summer.. It is a nice town and the drive along the Ohio river is beautiful.. The only thing missing at Hollywood is a golf course.. The comp's add up fast, and before you know it, free rooms will follow....Personal Thank You to Hollywood for my stay this week...

Room Tip: Find out where ice maker's are, elevator's ecte.. Also don't forget about the train ever...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Coshocton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I enjoy the casino experience and visit frequently enough that we often receive free hotel stays and other "comps". We enjoy staying at the Hollywood Casino Hotel well enough that we make the 4 hour drive to stay there about once every 6 weeks or so. We usually stay 2-4 nights and have experienced various types of rooms on different floors and in different wings of the hotel. Not even one time have we ever had reason to be less than completely satisfied with our experience. Staff have always been efficient, friendly, and willing to go out of their way to accommodate special requests. The check-in and check-out procedures have always been handled without complication. The rooms without exception have been roomy, well appointed, very clean, and comfortable. Free coffee is always hot and available in the lobby. One tip: ask for a room away from the end of the hotel that is near the train track if you'll be bothered by the sound of a train. Train traffic is very light and you'll not often hear one come by, but when you do it'll definitely be loud enough to waken you if you're nearby. The hotel is a great place to stay for one night or for many.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the end of the hotel that is near the train track if you'll be bothered...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was our 4th stay at Hollywood Casino Hotel, but the 1st since updates to some of the rooms. We stayed in a non-smoking King, room 262. The check in process was speedy with friendly staff. I had not seen pictures of the renovated rooms, but was pleasantly surprised. When entering, the bathroom is on the left - not a lot of counter space, but if you're staying for just a night or two, it's enough room. Great water pressure in the shower and a curved shower curtain rod, so lots of room there. Unfortunately, the towels were horrible. I felt like I was drying off with sandpaper. The bathroom as well as the rest of the space was extremely clean. The king bed was comfortable, but the pillows and bedding were not. The sheets were not soft at all - any time I moved, the noise of the crinkling sheets woke my husband. (Sorry, I don't know how else to describe it.) As far as the pillows - bring your own from home or you'll have neck pain the next day. I'm sure there are certain requirements for the laundry department, but a little Downy for the sheets and towels might help a little! For the rest of the room, the large flat screen TV nice and the sitting area with a loveseat, coffee table and chair/desk was really nice. I love the framed black and white pictures of the old Hollywood stars.. especially the Frank Sinatra pic over the desk. Our friends stayed on the opposite side of the hall from us, down a few rooms - two queen beds, no couch and noise of the train outside their room in the morning. If you want to sleep in a little, make sure to ask for a room away from tracks.

We ate dinner at Hops House 99 which I believe used to be The Chart Room. I wasn't expecting too much because the prior restaurant had mediocre food at best. This was another great surprise. For a Friday evening around 6pm, we were able to seat ourselves and had quick service. We had delicious buffalo chicken sliders (very spicy/hot!) I had one of the best cheeseburgers ever - Billy's BBQ Burger.. good flavor to the burger with BBQ sauce, bacon and smoked gouda cheese. Yum! Hubby had the fried chicken cobb salad w/avocado ranch dressing and onion rings. All fresh and delicious. I'm not a beer drinker, but tasted hubby's beer - can't remember the name (a craft beer) but it tasted like a light version of a Blue Moon. He enjoyed it! I would go back to try some different menu items to see if they are as good as our first go round.

On to the gambling - nothing too exciting to report, but we came home with $23 more than when we started. So that's considered a big win for me! They really don't have a lot of the newer slot games, but enough variety for one night. The casino floor staff was very friendly, like everyone else on their property. I wish the casino had better ventilation - the smoke was really, really bad. The downstairs is 'smoke-free' but no good machines. It seems like there are a lot fewer machines than the last time I was there and nothing really fun to play. FYI - even though the casino and hotel are attached, it is a haul to get to the hotel side, so be prepared to walk. We tried to get a few hours sleep, but the walls are thin - you can hear everything from your neighbors and detailed hallway conversations. I called the front desk to check out and confirm my room was comped with no charges which was quick and easy. We ended up waiting a long time for our car, but the guys working valet were doing the best they could since it was right at check out time. Even though there are more 'local' casinos in our area now, I would certainly return to Hollywood in Lawrenceburg.

Room Tip: *Ask for rooms AWAY from train tracks. *Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dianne131
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

What a great place to rest up during a snowstorm! The room was clean, modern, spacious and safe. The only thing I would caution about is that the pillows are very thick. If you like a skimpy pillow, you better bring it with you. I did not notice any train or traffic noise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was not our first trip here and it was pretty much the same as in the past. Great room and hotel staff. We're not big spenders, but I sure hate paying full price (over $100 with tax) at any casino hotel. Everything appeared to be clean and well kept. I believe that the rooms had some kind of recent makeover. The only bad thing that we found was the shower head. Must have missed it during the redo. The casino was fine, but definitely not smoke free. If you are a non smoker like us, bring an extra bag to put your "casino clothes" in. That way you don't contaminate the rest of your wardrobe. Found the slots very tight. We planned to stay until checkout time the next morning, but took such a beating the night before that we ended up getting up early and heading up the road where we had much better luck. The buffet was just like we remembered it, not great. It has been a year and a half since our last stay and it still suffers from the same problems. Food quality and temperature. Thankfully we stayed on a buy one get one free night. I sure would have hated to pay over $40 for two dinners here. Come to think of it, $20 + for 2 may have been to much. Overall had a good time and would recommend it for a quick one night get away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Fantastic Casino, Incompetent Front Desk.

Now when I say this, I want to say that the Valet was Perfect, the Bell Desk was Perfect, the Casino was incredible, but the Front Desk at the Hotel was somewhat clueless. Why?.... well my wife and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary this weekend. We reserved our room before our departure for the 1st night at $69. We intended to spend the rest of the weekend in Cincinnati at another hotel, but had such a good time at the casino that we called the front desk to negotiate another night, they quoted $199 but we settled on $129.

This second night was still incredible at the Casino, you win some, you lose some, but this Casino is as close to the atmosphere of Vegas that you are going to get in the Midwest. So, after spending time at the tables we were offered a 'comp'.... was hoping for another night (this would be our 3rd day/night spending our money at this Casino)... but the 'pitboss/ host' offered my wife our current night at a discount to $39... COOL!.... and then we were offered an additional night at $99... COOL!... the fella asked me if I wanted him to 'book-it' and I said "YES"... do it!

Now comes Saturday morning: Checkout is 11AM so I go down to the Front Desk to confirm that we have another night booked.... OR?... did we just get a discount on our current evening... or BOTH?.. (I am confirming because my wife was told $39 and I was told $99 so assume that one is for the current evening and the other for the next.)

Front desk person: "ANNIE" told me that NO, we weren't booked for another evening and that the discount was for last night and no other nights have been booked, also that checkout is 11AM and we are beyond that but that she will give us until 1PM....

WHOOPS!.... So I guess I misunderstood and thought we were getting another night at this fine Casino for a discounted price but got our previous night discounted with our Casino play.... OK.... so I tell the wife to get packed and it's time for us to go. We will head to another Casino in the Cincinnati area and enjoy our 25th Anniversary.

So now it's time to check out.... Valet "Jeremy" is PERFECT!... took care of my care, kept in under roof (in the garage) 'cause of the weather I didn't want it outside, Sarah did us perfect with our luggage... loading it up and taking it to our car, AND loading our car for us... I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EXCELLENT SERVICE... these folks were great.

BUT!!!! Upon checkout... "ANNIE" apparently forgot who I was, didn't remember the conversation an hour ago. I am thinking that my second night was $39 or $99 or something less that the Casino 'comp' was giving us. And a little disappointed that we were not staying a 3rd night playing at their Casino but it is what it is........

Now,,,, ANNIE tells us that they DID give us a discount to $69 on the first night.... BLAH, BLAH... NOT!!! We reserved that before our departure from our home city. Then after telling her this she said that 'she was mistaken'... the discount was on the 2nd night that the Casino did for us to get it down to $129....... NOT!!!! We negotiated that price with reservations earlier that day without any casino help. We wanted to stay another day and agreed upon a price before we checked out the 1st day........

And then I am told by ANNIE that the Casino DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO COMP ROOMS.... or discount anything. WHAT?.... The folks behind the tables DID have to make calls, confirm, talk to hotel 'hosts',, and then came to us with their offers... we graciously accepted.

WOW, what a surprise when we checked out that none of our gameplay worked out for the Hotel.... OR that the hotel had no idea what we were talking about COMPS or that the Casino doesn't do that. NOW, in fairness,,, I want to say the ANNIE was very nice, not rude,,,, just un-knowledgeable when it comes to Casino comps and then told us things that were simply not true. Also, Front Desk 'KAITLYN' was very helpful and at least honest, when we asked for a Suite upon check-in she was sweet and nice ,,, but then gave us a standard room (it never hurts to ask). But she didn't lie,,, she just did her job as she should. "JEREMY' took care of our car in Valet in a most Excellent manner... even wiped it down before delivering it to us... and kept is warm (as it was cold outside)... "SARAH" loaded up all of our luggage and we couldn't be more happy!... All in all it was a GREAT 25th Anniversary for me and the wife. The Casino is FANTASTIC!... We had a lot of fun.... We spent lots of money ,,, but.... on your 25th Anniversary you should do the same. Let your wife spend as much as she wants......... after all, she put up with you for 25 years!... and vice versa.

So, I hope that this review is helpful. We travel a lot, stay in a lot of Hotels,,, we truly enjoy life. I don't write reviews much on Trip Advisor but I rely on it a lot to the destinations that I am going to.

Best to everyone, Hope that everyone including all those at the Hollywood Casino have a FANTASTIC Holliday..........!!

FROM MY WIFE: We did leave early expecting another night free which we were told would be ready for us down stairs (in the Hotel) (the Casino is upstairs) which was not... That was a bit upsetting. I guess according to the front desk the pit bosses or the host at tables have no control over the room stay so if you want to spend money at this casino and they tell you that you have a room for you my best advise to you is check before you go back into your room.. Hotel had a wonderful staff ... just not knowledgeable...

BACK TO ME: As you can see she is not happy. But overall we had a wonderful 25th..... Have a Great Holliday!

Room Tip: Our room was #404.... Don't know about the others in this hotel, but it seemed like everytime s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TripAdvsrTraveler423
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Whitewater Inn
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence

Been to Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel? Share your experiences!