“Friendly Service”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Dayton, Ohio, Usa
“Friendly Service”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel service desk was very polite, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel and casino to anyone looking for a great time. The casino buffet was excellent. The dealers at the casino were very friendly and all types of gaming was available. The hotel gave me valet parking which was very convenient for my trip. My Nephew who came with me was also impressed with the services at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were a bit worried about staying at Hollywood Casino Hotel after booking our room over the phone. The person on the other end was border-line rude and couldn't tell us what kind of room we would have (king bed, double beds, suite, etc.) or whether it would be smoking or non-smoking. She couldn't even give us a solid price. But we had planned this stay for months and didn't want to switch hotels. I'm glad we didn't. Our worries were laid to rest as soon as we walked in. The person who checked us in was friendly and courteous. The lobby was clean and spacious with a coffee bar and plenty of couches and TVs. We got our room quickly and it was what we wanted at the price we expected to pay. The room was very clean and well furnished (desk with chair, comfy chair with ottoman, dresser and coat closet). The beds were comfortable and loaded with pillows. The bathroom had all the amenities you would expect and was extremely clean. Despite our initial dealings with the hotel, everyone else we came into contact with on the staff made sure to greet us with a warm smile. From the maids to the maintenance folks. Nice touch. The hotel has an easy access to the casino and you can be at the tables in less than five minutes after leaving your room. It seemed like a gamble at first, but we feel we hit the jackpot with our stay at the Hollywood Casino Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, it was very quiet with little traffic. The hallways are long and you...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room was very nice and comfortable. The staff was great. We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet and easy to sleep in. It is a long walk to the Casino from the hotel. The valet parking attendants do a great job. Keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tavares, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed a the Hollywood Casino otel twice in the past 6 months, most recently in early November. Both times I had received comped room offers in which surprised me as I do not gamble that much. Both times I was on the 2nd floor facing the railroad tracks. I knew this as the front desk told me about the train. I anticipated this and found it to be a trip down memory lane as I had grown up visiting cousins that lived near the railroad....I actually enjoyed the train however can see how some would be quite disturbed.....it was only once during the each night I stayed, not all night as some report!

On to the room, it was nicely furnished, very comfortable bed and pillows, it cooled nicely in the summer and I even had the AC on during my fall stay as I like the room cold. Bathroom was average size for a hotel and had nice Bath and Body Works products, a good hair dryer, nice towels and good water pressure. You could hear your neighbors though in the bathroom so I suggest closing the door at night.

The casino was fun, slots were about like they are anywhere, I did get good play and walked out winning on 1000.00 on a penny slot my last morning of the 2nd time I stayed there. It is a walk from the hotel, and could be an issue if you are not used to walking. Soft drinks are free at self service stations through out the casino. Alcoholic drinks are average price compared to restaurants in the area.

I will stay again on comped offer when in the area!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank teachrsue
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent one night at the Hollywood Casino Hotel. Do not pick this hotel if you want sleep. This hotel is located within 20 feet of a railroad track and you will be awaken during the middle of the night with the loud train noise and train horn.
Then there is the issue of the loud hallway noise. We stayed on a slow night, I would not want to stay on night that the hotel is full. Anytime you had loud people walking down the hallway it sounded like they were in your room. Not sure why, but the doors didn't keep any sound out. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. If only something could be done about the noise.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because it's connected to the casino, it was very expensive which I dont mind if it's worth it. It was not! Bare bones accommodations not even a coffee maker in the room and the coffee they had in the lobby tasted like it was made with sewer water. The bed was so uncomfortable I only slept 2 hr all night. No breakfast served of any kind. Couldn't get the tv to work. When I informed the front desk, they didn't really seem to care. Next time I'll get a hotel 5 miles away that's Cheeper and take a cab to the casino

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Patrish3

Travelers are raving about these Lawrenceburg hotels

Indiana
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel and rooms are clean and comfortable. Very disappointed they took the coffee pots out of the rooms (they haven't updated their website, or we would have taken out own), so you have to go down to the lobby for that first cup of coffee in the a.m. Also, for any food, particularly breakfast, you have to go all the way to the casino, which is quite a jaunt. They should put at least some little café right in the hotel for the guests that don't want to go to the casino first thing in the a.m.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cmartin634
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Been to Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel? Share your experiences!