“Got lucky in Hollywood” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Louisville, Kentucky
“Got lucky in Hollywood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The room was very nice and comfortable. The staff was great. We stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet and easy to sleep in. It is a long walk to the Casino from the hotel. The valet parking attendants do a great job. Keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tavares, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed a the Hollywood Casino otel twice in the past 6 months, most recently in early November. Both times I had received comped room offers in which surprised me as I do not gamble that much. Both times I was on the 2nd floor facing the railroad tracks. I knew this as the front desk told me about the train. I anticipated this and found it to be a trip down memory lane as I had grown up visiting cousins that lived near the railroad....I actually enjoyed the train however can see how some would be quite disturbed.....it was only once during the each night I stayed, not all night as some report!

On to the room, it was nicely furnished, very comfortable bed and pillows, it cooled nicely in the summer and I even had the AC on during my fall stay as I like the room cold. Bathroom was average size for a hotel and had nice Bath and Body Works products, a good hair dryer, nice towels and good water pressure. You could hear your neighbors though in the bathroom so I suggest closing the door at night.

The casino was fun, slots were about like they are anywhere, I did get good play and walked out winning on 1000.00 on a penny slot my last morning of the 2nd time I stayed there. It is a walk from the hotel, and could be an issue if you are not used to walking. Soft drinks are free at self service stations through out the casino. Alcoholic drinks are average price compared to restaurants in the area.

I will stay again on comped offer when in the area!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank teachrsue
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We spent one night at the Hollywood Casino Hotel. Do not pick this hotel if you want sleep. This hotel is located within 20 feet of a railroad track and you will be awaken during the middle of the night with the loud train noise and train horn.
Then there is the issue of the loud hallway noise. We stayed on a slow night, I would not want to stay on night that the hotel is full. Anytime you had loud people walking down the hallway it sounded like they were in your room. Not sure why, but the doors didn't keep any sound out. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. If only something could be done about the noise.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because it's connected to the casino, it was very expensive which I dont mind if it's worth it. It was not! Bare bones accommodations not even a coffee maker in the room and the coffee they had in the lobby tasted like it was made with sewer water. The bed was so uncomfortable I only slept 2 hr all night. No breakfast served of any kind. Couldn't get the tv to work. When I informed the front desk, they didn't really seem to care. Next time I'll get a hotel 5 miles away that's Cheeper and take a cab to the casino

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Patrish3

Travelers are raving about these Lawrenceburg hotels

Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel and rooms are clean and comfortable. Very disappointed they took the coffee pots out of the rooms (they haven't updated their website, or we would have taken out own), so you have to go down to the lobby for that first cup of coffee in the a.m. Also, for any food, particularly breakfast, you have to go all the way to the casino, which is quite a jaunt. They should put at least some little café right in the hotel for the guests that don't want to go to the casino first thing in the a.m.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cmartin634
Millington, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Of course, being located next to the casino didn't help my pocketbook!!! The casino is the best casino that I have ever been to. The decor is amazing. I love the ambiance and we spent some time walking around and being in awe. The rooms were decent. Room service was very prompt when we needed it. I would go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JKChambers
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Omg this hotel was my worst experience ever staying at a hotel! My friends had the room comped so it was free thank goodness! For the good, the room looks very nice and it is very clean! But thats where it stops. The bad...well first our room wasnt ready til 11 pm! Because of some flooding the carpets were being dried. Then since you are staying at a casino, you have the 4 am crazy drunk people running up and down the hallways banging on doors and yelling. Then when you can finally get to sleep, there is a train track like 20 ft away from the hotel that the trains last forever and you can hear everything about it. The room had a muggy feeling that made it hard to breathe when I first got in the room. The bed was super uncomfortable. The ac unit is extremely loud so every time it kicked on, I was woken up. Toilets are super loud when flushed, so much so you can hear when your neighbors flush theirs every time! I wouldnt stay here again if even it was free again!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MrsP1023
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Whitewater Inn
Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence

Been to Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel? Share your experiences!