“Excellent Hotel”

Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel several times, the most recent for two nights. The rooms are spacious, clean, well equipped, comfortable. Front desk staff friendly and efficient. Very good choice of restaurants, reasonably priced. Hotel is separated from casino area. A good choice for Cincinnati area. Ask for specials!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Checked in on Sunday for a two night stay. The Lobby was pretty and there was coffee
available all the time.Very nice.We had a 2 bed non smoking room near an elevator as I had requested.The beds were comfy and clean and the bathroom was nice.
The casino was quite a walk but worth it.The slots were a little tight but fun.
We ate at the Final Cut , the service and the food were excellant.
The next day we ate at the buffet which was also quite good.All and all a very nice place.

Room Tip: Be advised that it is a long walk to the casino.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I checked into the Hollywood around 5pm on a Friday night. This was a one night stay. The lobby is quite nice, and very comfortable. Coffee was available which was nice. My room was on the third floor, a king non-smoking room. Room was a comfortable temp, and very clean. Bathroom was appointed nicely, but the tiniest bathroom I have ever seen. To sit on the toilet and get some toilet paper required some twisting and balance. It was quite easy to shut the bathroom door while in the shower. Front desk was rudimentory, efficient but cold. The biggest problem with this hotel is the distance to get something to eat, or get a magazine from the gift shop. It is a hike, no doubt about it. I made a point of requesting a room away from the railroad tracks and did get it, but when a train went through about 10pm, it ws beyand loud. Other than the casino, there really isn't much this hotel has to offer. No spa, no pool, no game room, nothing. It is not bad for a one night stay, but I would want to spend much more than that,

Room Tip: Request one away from the railroad tracks!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

While I realize we got put in a smoking room, I didn't think it would be that bad. I woke up the first morning with an awful headache. It was the smoke. There is no where to get away from it either. The hotel, the casino, the club...I walked outside every chance I got just to get some fresh air.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Is stay at this hotel for two nights on a business trip. The hotel was very nice and pretty. Rooms were clean and spacious.

The only problem that I found with this hotel is that the phone service was terrible. I called my husband on my cell phone and had him call me back since I left my phone charger at home. I gave him the number listed on the room phone along with my room number. It took him almost ten minutes to get through to my room. Needless to say he wasn't very happy about that.

Then I tried to ask for a wake up call. I tried the wake up call button and it kept asking for your romm number continously even though I kept entering the number. I called the front desk since I couldn't get it to work and I was on hold from 10:27pm to 10:34. I think that is unacceptable.

Then the second nitght I requested a wake up call and finally got through in 4 minutes. Still too long. She said that she thinks the wake up button was broken. Why haven't they fixed it? Also, thank goodness I usually wake up before my alarm goes off anyway, because although I requested the wake up call for 6am, I never received it. I did mention it to the front desk and of course, they wrote the wrong room number down. So someone got a very early wake up call that they didn't expect.

All and all I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Staying at the hotel for the first time over the Columbus Day weekend I had a very good experience.The only downside was the distance from hotel to food and casino wouldnt have been so bad if I didnt have to push a wheelchair up the walkway from hotel to casino kinda put a little damper on things and the noise some young disrespectful 20 something year olds screaming in the halls a good portion of the first night I had a handicap accessible room and was very pleased with set-up it was perfect for my traveling companion and alot of people were complaining on here about the train at all hours of the night I was there for three days and we never once heard a train I was very happy for that I was kinda dreading it but overall a very pleasing experience and the casino seems to have the best perks out of the area casinos in my opinion rewards such as comp rooms,eats and free play money they seem to be a little more giving and definitley looser slots

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Husband and I wanted to celebrate our anniversary at the casino so we booked a room here for one night. Staff was friendly and the room itself was clean and very nice. The walk to the casino wasn't bad at all for us, but I can see if you are older or have health problems that it might seem to be quite a distance. Valet service was excellent and overall we had a great time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennyr76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Super 8 - Harrison OH
Super 8 - Harrison OH
#3 of 4 in Harrison
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Been to Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel? Share your experiences!