“Fun Timessss”

Perfect North Slopes
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to this place and it was a lot of fun, nothing crazy but definitely a good time. the day i was there all of the lifts were open so we really got to enjoy the slopes, the only bad thing is that the day i went there were a lot of people but still had a great time. the wait on lifts was not bad at all considering the amount of people that were there

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our family loves Perfect North Slopes. It is great because you can do the tubing and skiing at the same place. I love the fact that your lift ticket is good for 8 hrs. and you don't have to choose morning, noon or twilight. I also love that they stay open late on Fri and Sat night and the crowd is usually much lighter in the evening hours.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been to Perfect North Slopes twice in the past two years. The area only gets about 24" of natural snow a year, but it is amazing what PNS has done with artificial snow. They have more tower guns than I have ever seen on a resort of its size. They even have guns going in the glades! The runs are short, but longer than any within a two hour drive (to my knowledge) and steeper. The slope and terrain of the runs give a good variety for different experience levels.

The down size is that you get a lot of inexperienced skiers getting on runs that are more than they bargained since it is one of the only skiing options in the area. Both times that I have been at PNS it was a busy weekend (President's Day weekend). During mid afternoon the lift lines were way too long for length of the runs. We were often waiting over ten minutes. But keep in mind that both times were probably the busiest weekends of the year. The lift lines do move quickly, but there were a lot of people to get up the hill. The other problem is that it is mostly manmade snow, which translates to a bit of loose groomed snow on top and ice below (at least this time of the year). If you ski in the Ohio area, you are used to this type of skiing.

All in all, I do like the place. I would like to go on a weekend that was not so busy. I like the design of the runs and the owners have invested to give you the best skiing experience that you will get in the area. I would rank the skiing above Mad River and Snow Trails (both in Ohio).

The tubing park looked very good. Twice the number of lanes that I have seen in nearby resorts and it looked like a nice setup with large tents at the base.

One thing that is good and bad, depending on your point of view. There is no bar. You can bring your own alcohol, but you cannot buy it there. So if you want a drink after you get off the slopes, bring it with you or be prepared to drive somewhere...

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was a great place to spend the day Nice ski slopes but spent about 3 hours on the tube slopes. You can go down as a single or as many as 5 hooked together. note: the more you have the faster you will go. If you ask for a spin, they will get you going from the start. VERY SAFE! I did not see one person flip a tube the 3 hours i was there. Had a really nice time and look forward to going back.

1  Thank mustangtraveler05
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our 2nd visit and we loved it just as much as the first time. If you go Mon-Thurs you pay a flat rate for tubing all day. If you go the weekends or a holiday you can only buy a 2 or 3 hour ticket, and that never seems long enough. We would love to go and maybe stay close so we can tube or ski into the evening when they turn on the lights. You are allowed to bring in outside food which is great, but even if you don't food on site is very reasonable. Th facility is clean and staff is always around to guide and help. We hope to make this an annual trip!