“We love this place!”

Perfect North Slopes
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our 2nd visit and we loved it just as much as the first time. If you go Mon-Thurs you pay a flat rate for tubing all day. If you go the weekends or a holiday you can only buy a 2 or 3 hour ticket, and that never seems long enough. We would love to go and maybe stay close so we can tube or ski into the evening when they turn on the lights. You are allowed to bring in outside food which is great, but even if you don't food on site is very reasonable. Th facility is clean and staff is always around to guide and help. We hope to make this an annual trip!

There are newer reviews for Perfect North Slopes

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have been to only about 6 or so different ski resorts in the north east and this one by far is the best. Everything from renting the equipment to purchasing your lift tickets to getting a latte was really done very well. The food was very good for (fast food) the lodge was huge and warm and the slopes were perfectly groomed. The only critique i would have would be 1. and outside fire pit would be very nice and 2. you need alcohol permit... Otherwise it was awesome. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a wonderful place to take a kid to go tubing. I took my 7 and 9 year old here for an afternoon of tubing. It is a fantastically run organization. Once we purchased our tickets we chose a tube and were off to the slopes. We rode a "conveyor/moving sidewalk" up the mountain, chose a lane to go down, and down we went, it was that easy. We were able to "link" together so that we could ride down as one unit, which the boys needed until they became comfortable with the runs, or go solo. I saw others with children much younger then mine who were enjoying their day immensely. Although I would not recommend it for children much younger then 5. All in all it was a fantastic afternoon sledding/tubing. The only part of me that was sore were my calf muscles because of the moving sidewalk that takes you to the top of the hill. A small price to pay for a wonderful afternoon with my two sons.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

tubing, everybody can do it !!!! Perfect Norths skiing is great but I am the only one in my family that skis, so this is something everyone can do together. My wife and kids love the 20 something tubing runs they have and the people mover carpet to get them back to the top of the hill.

1  Thank ourbigdogs2
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family and I had planned a trip to Perfect North Slopes for several weeks. We picked a Thursday afternoon that turned out to be ideal for skiing. Temperatures in the mid-30's with abundant sunshine. I wanted to write this review to hopefully help other families in our "situation" make educated decisions on how to spend their time and money at Perfect North. We have a 2 year old daughter and 5 year old son. We were very apprehensive about taking the 2 year old but did not want to leave her out of the festivities. Upon arriving we spoke with an employee at the ticket area who assured us that a 2 year old could have fun skiing for the first time. I was still very apprehensive to spend the money but the repeating "I want to ski daddy" coming from behind me sealed our fate. Moments later we had four lift tickets and four ski rental passes. We were minus several hundred dollars. This is where things go bad. Getting a 2 and a 5 year old in rental ski gear is borderline impossible. Perfect North has a policy where you can turn your lift ticket back in before 2 hours have elapsed and receive partial credit for the next visit. They do not inform you that it takes approximately 2 hours to get all of your rental gear together. This is where my biggest frustration with Perfect North happened. My family was really struggling with the rental gear. We obviously needed help and even asked several times and none of the many employees offered help at all. One girl was even texting the entire time we were struggling with our equipment. I felt that this part of the ski area was very poorly managed.I How can management allow employees to be so complacent. Somehow we managed to pull it together and got everybody geared up and off we went. The 2 year old last maybe 10 minutes before there were tears and tantrums. That was it. So, moral of this part of the story, DO NOT take a 2 year old skiing. My wife and I spent the remainder of the day taking turns finding snacks and wiping tears. I am guessing that the ticket agents work on comission because everybody else that we have talked to informed us to not start ski instructions before 5 years of age. Now for the good stuff and there is plenty. The free lesson that is included with the lift ticket is fantastic. My son and I had Steve for an instructor and he was great. Cannot speak higher of this portion of our day or of our instructor. Our five year old LOVED Perfect North. The terrain is incredible for southeastern Indiana. The food was adequate and fairly priced. We also tubed and had fun doing that too. It was a great way to end the day. Although the 2 year old slept through this part.
To sum up:
Pros: Terrain good, Instruction great. Facilities good. Snow was very good under the circumstances. Left the hill feeling like it was a great experience.
Cons: Price is high-especially with rentals. The majority of the employees that we encountered were not very helpful; especially texting girl. It did get crowded after 4 o'clock.
Moral of the story. If you live within an hour and like to ski, buy a very reasonably priced pass early in the year and take your own equipment. If you have children under five. Do them a favor and leave them with a trusted sitter. We will be back with some tweaks to our gameplan