“Wonderful Stay for Casino Play”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Lawrenceburg B&B and Inns
Chilo, Ohio
“Wonderful Stay for Casino Play”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I booked our stay with the Holiday Inn Express in Lawrenceburg for our 15 year anniversary. Our stay was perfect. It was like we were on our honeymoon again. The staff at this hotel made our stay more than perfect. The young ladies at the desk were so nice and helpful. There were a few problems at this hotel but they were not hotel related. Since we were in town for the gaming, so were others. A lot of people that were at this Holiday Inn Express were wild. Of course it was a Saturday night. You obviously can't help what other people do. A lot of noisy people in the hallway as they were turning in for the night from the casino I am sure. We really enjoyed our stay and can't wait to come back. Great hotel over all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stacy S
joe l, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg. The staff here at the Holiday Inn Express are delighted that your stay was more than just a stay. Our number one goal is to make sure that your stay the superior to other hotels and that we did. When you are back in our area, please stop in and we will be glad to have you in our home again.

Thanks Again,

Joe L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I can only say this about this Holiday Inn Express. The people in position at this hotel are above the top of all Holiday Inn hotels and other hotels I have stayed in. Since I travel on business a lot through the year I come across some of the rudest people. This hotel has the nicest people I have ever met. I will start with Kim at the front desk. When I arrived to the hotel, she greeted me as I stepped through the door. She offered me a room upgrade because of my membership with the brand and a bottle of water with a bag of Cheezits. Kim is that of a true professional. The next morning, I was greeted by the General Manager Joe. He walked through while I was having breakfast talking to every guest that was getting their morning fuel as I was. When he approached my table, he asked me questions regarding my stay, how I was doing, and what brings me to town. Joe even got a cup of coffee and joined me for a few minutes. This was nice because when you are away from home for weeks at a time, talking to nice people in the morning is a good start of the day. I have never seen anything like this before. My next encounter was with Britany the breakfast gal. She was so jolly early in the morning and even brought me a USA Today to my table. I usually do not read the paper but it seemed like good gesture and I am glad she made the offer as I found a great article from this particular date to share with my colleagues. As I was leaving the dinning area, I was welcomed a good morning all the way back to my room. This was insane as I have never seen so much one on one with hotel employees to what these people call people like me "GUEST". when I arrived back to my room to gather my belongings to check out, I was approached by the housekeeping manager and Trina. Again the staff addressed me with a "Good Morning" and "How is your stay." I was floored again with such positive impact of such great people. I gathered my belongings and I checked out at the front desk with Donna and what would you know, I got the same questions as I got during my whole stay. Donna was so personable and very delighting. These people make me want to move this hotel with me during all of my business trips. When I am back in the area of Lawrenceburg and I hope it is soon, I will stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Thank you Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg Indiana for making my stay more than just a hotel stay. I will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg are glad to hear that your stay was that of perfect. We strive for excellence and to provide a product that no one else in our area has. One of our keys to our success is making each guest feel at home and giving a 100% positive attitude to our hospitality philosophy. We look forward to having you again in the future in our hotel and thanks again for your kind words. This means a lot to our hotel.

Thanks,

jackson
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Don"t stay here if you want to sleep. The party outside the lobby under the cover with drinking and yelling went on till 3:00 am. Then the fire alarms went off but the front desk just said it was a false alarm. The desk clerks were rude and did not care at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
jlockaby, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg and the staff, we sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our property. We did not meet the expectations you had for our hotel, and we want you to know that we take all guest concerns very seriously. With the regards to the behavior of adults with misconduct issues, we have now in place a code of conduct for our guest that check in to the hotel making them aware of the hotel expectations and respect for all of our guest. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding the feedback you provided to us. Please contact me at 812-537-2552 at any time to address your concerns. Again, we are very sorry for the disappointment you had with your stay. I Hope you will give us another chance to show you that we appreciate your business.

Travelers are raving about these Lawrenceburg hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occaissions because it is so close to my relative's home in Cincinnati. I used to love the free breakfast. This time was a little different. I had gone to stay there for my father's funeral. The night we arrived, the fire alarm went off three times. The front desk did not even bother to come out and tell everyone it was a false alarm while we were all in our PJ's in the parking lot. They did give us a discount on that night. My husband is not a breakfast person, but I am so I would go down in the morning and take a tray back to my room. The attendent ( I assume because I never held a conversation with her) was always rude and sighed everytime she saw me. The breakfast thing was also a very daunting task for me. I had just had a double masectomy and was in recovery (bad year). So anyone who knows anybody who has fought cancer knows that sometime we dont think that clearly. The hotel was clean and the front desk clerk that checked us out was very pleasant. Our room was clean, but the only problem was that we didnt want it to be. We had the do not disturb sign up and the attendants went into the room anyway. The problem I have with this is that, again, I was recovering from cancer and had all my medical supplies and meds in the room. Nothing was ever taken, or that I have discovered as taken, but I still feel this was an invasion of privacy. The parking lot needs some work. It used to be alot nicer when the casino used it as a shuttle lot, but now its over grown.

Room Tip: choose one close to the stairs, the elevator takes forever and there is only one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are so sorry that you did not have a comfortable stay at our hotel. We appreciate that you recognized the cleanliness of your room, but clearly you did not have the overall positive experience that you expect from the Holiday Inn Express brand. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me anytime at 812-537-2552. We hope you will reconsider our property if your travels bring you to the area again. And thank you for taking the time to provide this constructive feedback for us.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It's definitely not the nicest HIE we've stayed in.. You can tell it is an old building that was remodeled. We give them props for the effort! Check-in was alright...the person working seemed to try to lay on the 'nice' a little too much, but we've dealt with worse. They had the dining area floor torn up for work (wasn't finished the day it was supposed to be), so there were only 2 tables to sit in for breaky. The food selection was fine..standard for HIEs. But we had to take the food to our room...again, not that big of a deal. For the room, it was OK. Beds were a little lumpy and the feathers were coming out of the pillows.... Even with all this, I still would say this place is OK to stay if you're on the road and need a place to sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
jlockaby, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We are so sorry that the breakfast quality on the day you visited was not to our standards. We strive to be an exceptional hotel, not an average one, and we apologize for this. We appreciate input on the renovations as we were in the middle of updating our breakfast area for you and our other guest to enjoy. We hope if your travels bring you to the area again, that you will reconsider our property and to see all the changes we have made to make it better. Thank you for your comments!
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked a trip through Priceline in July and got a really good rate that the Holiday Inn website was not offering. Be advised that you will not get any points for your stay if you don't book directly through holiday inn (first time a hotel has done that to me). The rooms are decent, very basic, but clean. I was traveling with a 6 year old and she enjoyed the pool (very small but clean and functional). Everything was fine, nothing earth shattering. If you need a place to crash, this is it.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to let you know that we apologize that you did not receive your points due to booking with a third party booking. One of the major benefits of being a IHG Rewards Member is booking through the direct channel to receive a lower rate and to earn the rewards points. I am glad to hear that the rest of your stay was great as for the pool, cleanliness of the room and the rest of the amenities that we offer. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions in regards to the IHG Rewards Program and I will be glad to answer any questions. Once again, thank you for your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg, Indiana.

Thanks,

Cynthiana, Kentucky
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had actually reviewed before stay but did not book as we decided to just wait until we got to Lawrenceburg to see what we could find as my Mother, sister and her husband were staying at the casino. This was one of the first hotel's we encountered and found it was very close to the casino. Donna the lady at the desk was great, got us checked in with no difficulty. The room was very spacious and clean and we loved the location of the room. Room was very quiet and although by the laundry room was still quiet. Loved the fact it had a microwave and a fridge. We chose one with a Jacuzzi. The problem with this was the Jacuzzi did not work. Called the desk and the young man immediately came up to the room to see what the problem was, ended up calling in a maintenance man who found that it was a quick fix, which he corrected. Thank you to him as he had to come in from his home which when I asked how far he lived and he told me 15 min which does not sound far away but when you add 15 min in and out plus the time it took to figure out what the problem was makes it probably an hour or more , but even with this said he was so polite and friendly and efficient. Kudos to Holiday Inn for hiring such polite, efficient staff. One of the great things also is a shuttle bus runs from hotel to hotel picking up guests going to the casino and also gives you a ride back to your room. The only complaint I have is I did not realize that taxes in Lawranceburg were so high as room price was 149.00 but found when I checked my credit card charges I had 182.00 pending for this stay. Called hotel to inquire why this was and was informed that they put a 15 dollar hold for incidentals and with the taxes it came to 182.00. I was told that the incidental charge would be removed but still the room will end up costing 160 something dollars which would have been nice to have known, even though we would have still taken it. That is the only reason I did not give 5 stars for the stay. Will more than likely be the hotel we stay at on our future trips to Lawrenceburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our great Holiday Inn Express Lawrenceburg. I am glad that your experience at our hotel was that of a positive one. Our staff here is always focused on our guest and as I read your review, I see that they are doing their jobs. We are working really hard everyday to make sure that all the mechanicals work properly in all of our rooms and we must have had an oversight on your particular room. I am also glad to hear that my staff was able to fix any problems that may have occurred during your stay. We look forward to you coming back to see us in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 812-53-2552 and one of our Guest Service Representatives will be delighted to assist you. Thanks again for your business!

Joe L.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 6 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Best Western Plus Whitewater Inn

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!