“Good location but will not get much sleep”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Selected this hotel as we were going to be skiing at Perfect North and this was close by. Check in was not an issue and the rooms were as described but no frills. The problem is that there are a lot of casino goers staying at this hotel and will come back drunk at all hours of the night. All rooms face the parking lot so you will hear all the doors, horns and drunk fights through out the night.

So unless you sleep like a rock I would suggest you try else where.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Xelint
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 17, 2011

It's a Holiday Inn- cheap bedding, average cleaning, poor mattress, and nothing special. This was a business trip and one of the closest hotels to my work location. I perfer to stay at another chain hotel, but the nearest one was an hour away so I settled for the #1 choice in Lawrenceburg.

The hotel was under construction during my stay. The sign at the front desk said work would be done from 9 am til 5 pm. It would work out fine since I would be working during that time frame, however, the work carried until after 5 pm. Which was a bit annoying since I wanted to relax after a long work day.

This hotel may come up on the GPS as location on the left side of the road, however, it is infact on the right side (going towards the casino from highway) in the same parking lot as Burger King. The clerk said it was a frequent complaint to new arrivals.

This hotel is right down the street from Hollywood Casino. Places to eat near by are typical fast food joints. If you go past the casino you can find a Kroger (grocery store) and Walmart (up a hill, hard to find from the road). A local favorite is Whiskey's. I'm not too impressed but the locals seem to enjoy this spot. Please keep in mind this town has has a strange smell due to the wiskey plant. Some times are stronger than others and can make you gag if you are sensitive.

Next time I will make the extra drive and stay at a hotel I am comfortable with. The beds make or break the hotel for me and this one made my stay uncomfortable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank elizmstevens
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed at this HIE (room 102) in Lawrenceburg for a photography workshop. The first thing I noticed in my room was that the carpet was very old, torn and dirty; especially in the walkways compared to the carpet near the edges where it doesn't get a lot of foot traffic. The carpet just inside my door was torn up in several places, and was very dirty looking. When I walked on that spot without my shoes and socks on it felt grimy. I didn't walk without shoes or socks on again. The bedsheets also were a little torn, and had some old stains on them from years of use.

It's not all bad though; most of the furnishings were newer and very nice looking. The bathroom, sink and most everything else was nice and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was typical HIE continental, which I think is above average. I didn't use the pool, but it was indoors, and look clean. The workout room was only a treadmill, stair climber, and stationary bike; so not great but good enough for me.

I would still recommend this hotel, but there are a few things that really need updating.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2010

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one afternoon/evening before we were to meet our church youth group at Perfect North Slopes the next day. I expressed to the staff how nice and clean everything was considering I've stayed in condos that I had to pay an extra cleaning fee that weren't as clean. While I've been employeed for the Dept. of Health for 20 yrs., I have seen some questionable restaurants and places to stay the night in my years of travel with my family, but was very impressed with this hotel. The staff was very nice and friendly and helped us with directions to restaurants, etc. in the area. The room was nice and cozy like home. My children loved the indoor heated pool and the continental breakfast was awesome - like a full buffet! We saved money on breakfast out somewhere and ate enough to hold us while we went tubing on the snow that afternoon. We will DEFINITELY be visiting this hotel again when we come back to the slopes!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Momto2gr8kids
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Stayed at this location with my husband to celebrate New Year's Eve. We had a jacuzzi suite. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was clean and the location was excellent. The room was very good but could use a bit of updating. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2009

stayed here June, 2009 to go to a Dwight Yoakum concert at Belterra. Not many hotels to choose from to go to Belterra and this one was at least 40 miles to Belterra. That being said, it was a fine updated motel/hotel. All furniture is new this year, bedding is new and very attractive. We were in a handicapped room and the bathroom was very large and clean. The carpets were new and I even walked on them with no socks (never do that). I wish my bedding and bed was as nice at home!
Desk clerk was very helpful and polite. He gave me lots of infomation about getting to Belterra. Bike/walk trail across the street and I took advantage of that.
Very nice pool. Not as warm as I like it. Clerk said they set it at 81 and I like my water about 85 but I took a brief swim. Building felt secure and there was no riff raff. Breakfast was the usual, but more than continental. Food was hot and well presented.
I used the free wireless with my ipod touch.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I stayed here June 19th 2008 in room 237. It was a clean king sized suite, with a sofa, desk, fridge, and microwave. Laundry facilities were reasonable, and the pool area looked very tidy and clean. Tina at the front desk had worked nearly 12 hours when we checked in, and was a model employee: efficient, friendly, and helpful. Breakfast bar was nice, and the area clean. Basically its everything you can want in a hotel priced without all the extras of a full service facility. Would happily stay here again. Very close proximity to Miami Fort power station, my work destination.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lawrenceburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 7 in Lawrenceburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Lawrenceburg
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cincinnati Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Florence/Cincinnati Airport

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!