Comfort Inn La Porte
$76
Hampton Inn La Porte(LaPorte)(Great Value!)
Hampton.com
$65
The Blue Heron Inn(LaPorte)(Great Value!)
Economy Inn(Hamlet)
$53
Cool Springs Inn(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$60
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City(Michigan City)(Great Value!)
$169
$129
$71
All reviewswould stay here againfront deskpet feepine lakenice indoor poolthey let us check in earlyihg chainrooms were very cleanunder renovationbiscuits gravyyogurtnice lakenice breakfastsunday morningvisiting familythe hotel staffla porte
Reviewed August 22, 2013

When we checked in I was pleased to see that they accommodated my request on the placement of my room. The staff was very helpful with directions and recommendations for places to eat. The room was clean. You can tell the hotel building is older but you can tell that they have worked to keep it up. We will stay again when we travel in that area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday I, General Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. We appreciate you kind words and will make sure to forward this to our entire staff and management. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is our second time staying here during a road trip. Front desk is great. Rooms are ok, but nothing special. One of my biggest complaints is plumbing that doesn't work. I hate standing in water during my shower.

Directly across the street is the Blue Heron Inn- we are staying there on our way back home. The rooms are definitely better with a great view next to the lake. And surprisingly are less expensive. I look forward to stopping in LaPorte on our return and will enjoy the sunset on the lake.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Blue Heron Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Robert D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Robert D,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the bathroom conditions that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 16, 2013

After nine previous nights in hotels throughout the East coast this was a wonderful experience. A very clean, well-maintained property with excellent staff and amenities. A little higher rate but seemed to be in a lake area so that might explain it. We were there on a Sunday night so it was probably less occupied so no noise complaints. Would recommend this for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank K M
Holiday I, General Manager at Comfort Inn La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. We are very grateful for the kinds words and will make sure to share your comments with our entire staff and organization. We hope you choose to stay with us on you next visit to La Porte, IN.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Holiday Inn Express La Porte IN is a nice place to stay and spend a few days. Stayed 2 nights stay July 2013, courteous and attentive service, fast check in / out, highly recommend for a weekend stay or pass thorugh on a near by tollway.

Room Tip: high floor facing East
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and will pass them along to our entire staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My son & I unexpectedly had to stop in the middle of a trip and we made the decision to stop in LaPorte, IN because billboards said there were 3 hotels to choose from. We picked the Holiday Inn Express because it was close to restaurants and looked new. The front desk clerk, Ketra, was extremely friendly & helpful and even though the computer was taking it's own sweet time we got a room without any difficulty. They have free WiFi, a small, but nice indoor pool right off the lobby, free continental breakfast and we were given 2 bottles of water & a pack of microwave popcorn to enjoy in our room. We went to dinner down the street to a place Ketra had suggested and also told us we got a discount if we showed them our keycard. This is where it gets very noisy. I honestly don't think the rooms are soundproofed in any way. First, had I realized we were right next to the stairwell I would've asked to change rooms, but I already was in my night clothes and didn't think much of it. After getting into bed it & turning off the TV the sounds from above us came through. It sounded like a family of Sasquatches were jumping on & off the beds. Then people were going up & door the stairs. This lasted well beyond midnight, but we fell asleep since we were exhausted. In the morning around 6 came the same sounds, both from above & the stairwell.
The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom average but very clean, breakfast was okay (juices were cranberry & lemonade?-no orange) and the staff was very nice. Cost was over $100 even with AARP discount so definitely not a deal. Just not a place to stay if you like quiet. Next time, if there is a next time, we'll probably stay at the Hampton Inn right off the highway and I now know to make sure my room is not right next to the stairs no matter where I stay.

Room Tip: Highest floor and not next to the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cari C

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We apologize for the noise issue you experienced and will take this into consideration in the future. We appreciate your kind words also and hope to see you again in the future.